“Didnít see that coming.”
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Element of Surprise is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Sir Prize with a fair hand, and renowned for its absence of drug laws. The hard-working, intelligent population of 509 million, 503 million of whom are zombies, surprises live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The small, liberal, pro-business government appears to have no policy direction whatsoever. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of anywhere. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 10%. A healthy private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Gambling.
Mr Happy's Funland has just been named Surprise's new capital, Sir Prize has just been declared ruler of Surprise in an international press conference, and astonishment has been named as Surprise's national religion. Crime is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Surprise's national animal is the shark, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, its national religion is astonishment, and its currency is the shock.
Surprise is currently considering its options.
Survival Rate: 0.09%
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 123 days ago: Surprise was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- 126 days ago: Surprise changed its national demonym to "surprise" and its demonym adjective to "surprised".
- 132 days ago: Surprise published ""Who Can It Be Now" Lyrics" (Account: Culture).
- 132 days ago: Surprise changed its national faith to "astonishment" and its capital to "anywhere".
- 201 days ago: Surprise was ranked #1 in the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 1%).
- 231 days ago: Surprise was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 1%).
- 231 days ago: Surprise was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 1%).
- 270 days ago: Surprise was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: #1).
- 288 days ago: Surprise was ranked #1 in the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 1%).
- 305 days ago: Surprise was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nudest (last census: Top 5%).