The Element of Surprise is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Sir Prize with a fair hand, and renowned for its absence of drug laws. The hard-working, democratic population of 7.691 billion surprises live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The medium-sized, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of anywhere. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 16.0%.
The strong surprised economy, worth 335 trillion shocks a year, is quite specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Trout Farming. Average income is 43,654 shocks, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 423,255 per year while the poor average 217, a ratio of 1,948 to 1.
Mr Happy's Funland has just been named Surprise's new capital, Sir Prize has just been declared ruler of Surprise in an international press conference, and astonishment has been named as Surprise's national religion. Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Surprise's national animal is the shark, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is astonishment.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 11 days ago: Surprise was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Stupidest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 12 days ago: Surprise was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fattest Citizens.
- 45 days ago: Surprise was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Stupidest Citizens.
- 62 days ago: Surprise was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 89 days ago: Surprise was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Avoided.
- 142 days ago: Surprise was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nudest (last census: Top 10%).
- 292 days ago: Surprise was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- 295 days ago: Surprise changed its national demonym to "surprise" and its demonym adjective to "surprised".
- 301 days ago: Surprise published ""Who Can It Be Now" Lyrics" (Account: Culture).
- 301 days ago: Surprise changed its national faith to "astonishment" and its capital to "anywhere".