The Kingdom of Suikodan is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Nova Galactic with an iron fist, and remarkable for its infamous sell-swords, strictly enforced bedtime, and smutty television. The compassionate, cynical, cheerful population of 13.65 billion Suikodanians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Suikoden. The average income tax rate is 95.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Suikodanian economy, worth a remarkable 2,768 trillion crystals a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 202,784 crystals, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, major internet servers have acquired citizenship, and the nation's new monarch embarrasses himself during state visits. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Suikodan's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Utilitarianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Suikodan, the nation's new monarch embarrasses himself during state visits.
- : Following new legislation in Suikodan, major internet servers have acquired citizenship.
- : Following new legislation in Suikodan, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
- : Following new legislation in Suikodan, the government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance.
- : Suikodan lodged a message on the The Commonwealth Of Furry Peoples Regional Message Board.
- : Suikodan's influence in The Commonwealth Of Furry Peoples fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- : Suikodan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Suikodan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Suikodan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates, the Top 5% for Most Stationary and Most Compassionate Citizens, and the Top 10% for Highest Wealthy Incomes and Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Suikodan, the tax agency is feared more than serial killers and terrorists.