The Kingdom of Suikodan is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Nova Galactic with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, digital currency, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, cynical, cheerful population of 11.691 billion Suikodanians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Suikoden. The average income tax rate is 94.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Suikodanian economy, worth a remarkable 2,152 trillion crystals a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 184,121 crystals, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
Vanity is considered the fifth cardinal virtue, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, school uniforms are compulsory, and extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Suikodan's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Utilitarianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Suikodan, extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals.
- : Following new legislation in Suikodan, school uniforms are compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Suikodan, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
- : Suikodan lodged a message on the The Commonwealth Of Furry Peoples Regional Message Board.
- : Suikodan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- : Suikodan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Suikodan, vanity is considered the fifth cardinal virtue.
- : Suikodan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- : Following new legislation in Suikodan, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism.
- : Following new legislation in Suikodan, the government's religious works are headed by a New Age guru.