“You will tremble before my power!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Black Hole Army of Sturm is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5.627 billion Sturmians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, the Environment, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sturm City. The average income tax rate is 18%. A robust private sector is led by the Cheese Exports, Uranium Mining, and Retail industries.
Roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, the government funds private schools for intellectually gifted children, the richest citizens live in sheltered private citadels, and reports of arson have doubled since the introduction of a privatised fire protection service. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a serious problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Sturm's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is War, and its currency is the Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Sturm, reports of arson have doubled since the introduction of a privatised fire protection service.
- 5 days ago: Sturm resigned from the World Assembly.
- 5 days ago: Sturm relocated from Nugut to Slavya.
- 5 days ago: Sturm endorsed The Rogue Nation of Falarica XII.
- 5 days ago: Sturm was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 6 days ago: Sturm applied to join the World Assembly.
- 7 days ago: Sturm fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 17 days ago: Sturm was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 1%).
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Sturm, the richest citizens live in sheltered private citadels.
- 27 days ago: Sturm was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Average (last census: Top 5%).