“Sturisoma knows best”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Auxiliary
The Empire of Sturisoma is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Emperor Kreu Patrembur with an iron fist, and notable for its punitive income tax rates, public floggings, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 6.124 billion Sturisomen are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shenjtė Kodėr. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 89.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Sturisoman economy, worth 795 trillion koobs a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 129,899 koobs, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 474,878 per year while the poor average 25,204, a ratio of 18.8 to 1.
Citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, reporters sent to cover suspected UFO visits come back with stories about quilting bees, and naturists are jailed regularly for indecent exposure. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sturisoma's national animal is the lightning bug, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Sturisoman Orthodox Church.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days ago
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sturisoma, naturists are jailed regularly for indecent exposure.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sturisoma, reporters sent to cover suspected UFO visits come back with stories about quilting bees.
- 8 days ago: Sturisoma was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 14 days ago: Sturisoma fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 20 days ago: Sturisoma was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Corporate Police State".
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Sturisoma, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Sturisoma, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Sturisoma, the studies of art and philosophy are banned.
- 40 days ago: Sturisoma was reclassified from "Corporate Police State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- 40 days ago: Following new legislation in Sturisoma, every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government.