The Empire of Sturisoma is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Emperor Kreu Patrembur with an iron fist, and remarkable for its frequent executions, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 7.418 billion Sturisomen are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shenjtė Kodėr. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 92.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Sturisoman economy, worth a remarkable 1,010 trillion koobs a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 136,191 koobs, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 427,756 per year while the poor average 33,200, a ratio of 12.9 to 1.
The sound of wooden legs echo throughout Sturisoma after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax, the welfare administration's new sweeping authority has forced the poor and needy to shop from pre-approved grocery lists, students cut up leftover koobs during Arts and Crafts, and priests are being drafted by the church load. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sturisoma's national animal is the lightning bug, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Sturisoman Orthodox Church.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Sturisoma, priests are being drafted by the church load.
- : Following new legislation in Sturisoma, students cut up leftover koobs during Arts and Crafts.
- : Sturisoma was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- : Sturisoma fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Sturisoma was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- : Sturisoma fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Sturisoma was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 5%).
- : Sturisoma was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- : Sturisoma was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : Sturisoma was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".