The Commonwealth of Stromia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Tyr Backstrom with an even hand, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, daily referendums, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 18.845 billion Stromians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Linkoping. The average income tax rate is 94.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Stromian economy, worth a remarkable 2,973 trillion Quints a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 157,807 Quints, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The state auctions off combat drones to fund war reparations, Maxtopian Grass flags adorn every college dorm room, mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance, and the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Stromia's national animal is the lynx, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Annunakiism.
Stromia is ranked 81st in Europe and 12,351st in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 243 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Stromia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- : Stromia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Stromia was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Orthodox States.
- : Stromia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- : Stromia was endorsed by The Unified German Reich of New Decius.
- : Stromia was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Kauderia.
- : Stromia was endorsed by The Empire of Bescherelle.
- : Stromia endorsed The Unified German Reich of New Decius.
- : Stromia endorsed The The Most Serene Reich of Sudettenland.
- : Stromia endorsed The Republic of The Greater Swaslevian Republic.
Endorsements Received: 50 » Short shorts, Jenesia, Tigyland, Eurosceptic Citizens, Alsted, Mameluco, Nuweland, Dauershire, Venetoland, Lexembourg, South Cowland, Multatuli, The Neural Zone Armed Fraktion, Valrem, Kaiserusse, The City-State of Vienna, Linkisheer, Fenian Provinces, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, The Seven Provinces, Foucaults garden, Melfar, The Fair Republic, An Clar, Pileusia, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Prinx, Wombelland, Manupolia, Outer Sparta, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Aurora Republic, Nova Prutenia, Estacia, Limanie, Bohomo, Continental Social Democrats, Vice Lands, Troltovia, Tuccistahn, Woschia, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, Bescherelle, Kauderia, New Decius, and Orthodox States.