The Commonwealth of Stromia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Tyr Backstrom with an even hand, and renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 18.682 billion Stromians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Linkoping. The average income tax rate is 95.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Stromian economy, worth a remarkable 2,947 trillion Quints a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 157,782 Quints, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The state auctions off combat drones to fund war reparations, Maxtopian Grass flags adorn every college dorm room, mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance, and the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Stromia's national animal is the lynx, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Annunakiism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Stromia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 5%).
- : Stromia was endorsed by The Constitutional Kingdom of Woschia.
- : Stromia was endorsed by The Free Land of Tuccistahn.
- : Following new legislation in Stromia, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists.
- : Following new legislation in Stromia, mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance.
- : Following new legislation in Stromia, Maxtopian Grass flags adorn every college dorm room.
- : Following new legislation in Stromia, the state auctions off combat drones to fund war reparations.
- : Following new legislation in Stromia, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
- : Stromia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Space Administration"".
- : Stromia endorsed The Commonwealth of Vice Lands.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Short shorts, Jenesia, Tigyland, Eurosceptic Citizens, Alsted, Mameluco, Nuweland, Dauershire, Venetoland, Lexembourg, South Cowland, Multatuli, The Neural Zone Armed Fraktion, Valrem, Kaiserusse, The City-State of Vienna, Linkisheer, Fenian Provinces, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, The Seven Provinces, Foucaults garden, Melfar, The Fair Republic, An Clar, Ecclestia, Pileusia, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Prinx, Hamland, Wombelland, Polonilandia, Manupolia, Mulderanian Empire, Outer Sparta, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Aurora Republic, Nova Prutenia, Nova Luna, Insula Funchal, Satan Bear, Estacia, United Dragons, Limanie, Bohomo, Continental Social Democrats, Vice Lands, Troltovia, and 3 others.Quantum Instability, Tuccistahn, and Woschia.