The Commonwealth of Stromia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Tyr Backstrom with a fair hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, parental licensing program, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 21.027 billion Stromians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Linkoping. The average income tax rate is 95.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Stromian economy, worth a remarkable 3,487 trillion Quints a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 165,868 Quints, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields, the police insist that racism does not exist, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded, and the wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Stromia's national animal is the lynx, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Annunakiism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Stromia was endorsed by The UnOrthodox Church of The Jedi-Zombi Jezus.
- : Following new legislation in Stromia, the wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned.
- : Following new legislation in Stromia, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- : Following new legislation in Stromia, the police insist that racism does not exist.
- : Following new legislation in Stromia, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
- : Following new legislation in Stromia, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government.
- : Stromia endorsed The Federal Republic of Rahvav.
- : Stromia endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of GeneralStalin.
- : Stromia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Green Counties.
- : Following new legislation in Stromia, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists.
Endorsements Received: 91 » Short shorts, Jenesia, Tigyland, Alsted, Mameluco, Nuweland, Dauershire, Venetoland, Lexembourg, South Cowland, Multatuli, Valrem, Kaiserusse, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, The Seven Provinces, Foucaults garden, Melfar, The Fair Republic, An Clar, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Nova Prutenia, Estacia, Bohomo, Troltovia, Woschia, New Decius, Orthodox States, East Arc, Dacian Freelands, Newmere, Neue Deutsche Republik, Spoi, Saudi Canadia, North of Americas, Agrase, Justiza, Pungusglynn, Vinternia, Dorsendo, Spagna, Ebin, Alpinovia, MSolandish Empire, and 41 others.Fortia, La Jermania, The Lion of Damascus, Huygevoort, Nova Prussia, AirstripZero, Bearhinoland, Republic of the Goat, Continental Social Democrats, Rahvav, Lovisa, Mynox, Abalucia, Allisonium, Fossekallen, Templar Republic, Cha0sNation, Slavorussia, Qerisiana, Union of the north, Englastonia, The Oligarchic Republic of the Circle, Kalmara, Ironbrook, Blighteria, Malo Balo, Lubti Islands, The Global Republic, Einswenn, Jamoea, Stannard, Maurelius, Outer Sparta, The New Nordic Union, Snovuland, Silvecia, Out of Mind, Hirota, Scitayarland, Green Counties, and The Jedi-Zombi Jezus.