The Commonwealth of Stromia is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Tyr Backstrom with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 21.209 billion Stromians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Linkoping. The average income tax rate is 93.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Stromian economy, worth a remarkable 3,413 trillion Quints a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 160,965 Quints, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Shelters struggle to keep up with the endless intake of stray animals, a new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision, animal liberationists receive government funding to break into animal research labs, and high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate. Crime is totally unknown. Stromia's national animal is the lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Annunakiism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Stromia was endorsed by The Official Europe Forum Rep of Ivernia.
- : Stromia endorsed The Incorporated States of Evka.
- : Stromia endorsed The Matriarchy of Ahma.
- : Stromia was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Ahma.
- : Stromia was endorsed by The United States of North Americka.
- : Stromia was endorsed by The Incorporated States of Evka.
- : Stromia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates and the Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- : Following new legislation in Stromia, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate.
- : Following new legislation in Stromia, animal liberationists receive government funding to break into animal research labs.
- : Following new legislation in Stromia, a new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision.
Endorsements Received: 93 » Jenesia, Tigyland, Alsted, Mameluco, Nuweland, Dauershire, Venetoland, Lexembourg, South Cowland, Valrem, Kaiserusse, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, The Seven Provinces, Foucaults garden, Melfar, The Fair Republic, An Clar, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Nova Prutenia, Bohomo, Troltovia, Woschia, New Decius, Orthodox States, East Arc, Dacian Freelands, Newmere, Neue Deutsche Republik, Spoi, Saudi Canadia, North of Americas, Agrase, Justiza, Pungusglynn, Vinternia, Dorsendo, Spagna, Ebin, Alpinovia, Fortia, La Jermania, The Lion of Damascus, Huygevoort, and 43 others.Nova Prussia, AirstripZero, Bearhinoland, Republic of the Goat, Continental Social Democrats, Rahvav, Lovisa, Mynox, Abalucia, Allisonium, Fossekallen, Templar Republic, Cha0sNation, Slavorussia, Qerisiana, Union of the north, The Oligarchic Republic of the Circle, Kalmara, Ironbrook, Blighteria, Malo Balo, Lubti Islands, The Global Republic, Einswenn, Jamoea, Stannard, Maurelius, Outer Sparta, The New Nordic Union, Silvecia, Out of Mind, Hirota, Green Counties, The Jedi-Zombi Jezus, Sabbathland, Sugar Cake, The Federation of the Danube, GeneralStalin, Wessex and Cornwall, Saint-Didier, Evka, Ahma, and Ivernia.