The Commonwealth of Stromia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Tyr Backstrom with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 20.855 billion Stromians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Linkoping. The average income tax rate is 94.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Stromian economy, worth a remarkable 3,381 trillion Quints a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 162,129 Quints, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Troops are either deafened by gunfire or a hysterical voice screaming the Party manifesto, tabloids coo over Tyr Backstrom's expected child, sullen teenagers in bright orange 'community payback' onesies can be seen picking litter at the roadside, and economic planning is exalted as a human art form. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Stromia's national animal is the lynx, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Annunakiism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Stromia, economic planning is exalted as a human art form.
- : Following new legislation in Stromia, sullen teenagers in bright orange 'community payback' onesies can be seen picking litter at the roadside.
- : Following new legislation in Stromia, tabloids coo over Tyr Backstrom's expected child.
- : Following new legislation in Stromia, troops are either deafened by gunfire or a hysterical voice screaming the Party manifesto.
- : Stromia endorsed The Federal Republic of Maurelius.
- : Stromia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Following new legislation in Stromia, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking.
- : Following new legislation in Stromia, there is an abondance of ackawi and zartschmelzend in every Stromian grocery store.
- : Following new legislation in Stromia, politicians are forced to vote with their party leaders.
- : Stromia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Maurelius.
Endorsements Received: 92 » Short shorts, Jenesia, Tigyland, Alsted, Mameluco, Nuweland, Dauershire, Venetoland, Lexembourg, South Cowland, Multatuli, Valrem, Kaiserusse, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, The Seven Provinces, Foucaults garden, Melfar, The Fair Republic, An Clar, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Wombelland, Manupolia, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Aurora Republic, Nova Prutenia, Estacia, Bohomo, Troltovia, Woschia, New Decius, Orthodox States, Polonilandia, East Arc, Canopytown, Dacian Freelands, The Zionward Union, Eurosceptic Citizens, Newmere, Neue Deutsche Republik, Spoi, Saudi Canadia, North of Americas, Agrase, Justiza, Pungusglynn, and 42 others.Vinternia, Dorsendo, Kwakwakutlopia, Spagna, Ebin, Alpinovia, MSolandish Empire, Fortia, La Jermania, The Lion of Damascus, Huygevoort, Nova Prussia, AirstripZero, Bearhinoland, Republic of the Goat, Ayasofya, Rakataka, Continental Social Democrats, Rahvav, Lovisa, Mynox, Abalucia, Allisonium, Fossekallen, Templar Republic, Cha0sNation, Slavorussia, Qerisiana, Union of the north, Englastonia, Zifre, The Oligarchic Republic of the Circle, Kalmara, Ironbrook, Blighteria, Malo Balo, Lubti Islands, The Global Republic, Einswenn, Jamoea, Stannard, and Maurelius.