The Commonwealth of Stromia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Tyr Backstrom with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, hatred of cheese, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 17.925 billion Stromians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Linkoping. The average income tax rate is 94.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Stromian economy, worth a remarkable 2,799 trillion Quints a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 156,171 Quints, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways, large sections of Stromia have been named national reserves to protect the native tribes living there, oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds, and foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Stromia's national animal is the lynx, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Annunakiism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Stromia was endorsed by The Eternal Malkan Empire of Nova Luna.
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Stromia's influence in Europe fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- 4 days ago: Stromia was endorsed by The Confederacy of Wundaskenael.
- 5 days ago: Stromia was endorsed by The Grand Principality of Nova Prutenia.
- 7 days ago: Stromia was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Aurora Republic.
- 7 days ago: Stromia lost the endorsement of The United Socialist States of Aurora Republic.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Stromia, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Stromia, oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Stromia, large sections of Stromia have been named national reserves to protect the native tribes living there.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Stromia, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Short shorts, Jenesia, Tigyland, Eurosceptic Citizens, Alsted, Mameluco, Nuweland, Dauershire, Venetoland, Lexembourg, South Cowland, Sybaritic Socialists, Multatuli, The Neural Zone Armed Fraktion, Valrem, Kaiserusse, Mushrenia, The City-State of Vienna, Linkisheer, Fenian Provinces, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Outer Prussia, The Seven Provinces, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Carswellia, Nukls-Andwicz, Foucaults garden, Melfar, The Fair Republic, An Clar, Ecclestia, Pileusia, Confederate United America, Novo Portugal, Axtro-Saxonia, Albertinum, Prinx, Hamland, Wombelland, Polonilandia, Manupolia, Mulderanian Empire, Outer Sparta, Imperium Anglorum, Plage Arctique, Basque Dominion, Of Herbshire, Northern German Federation, Nerds Geeks and Trolls, Aurora Republic, and 3 others.Nova Prutenia, Wundaskenael, and Nova Luna.