“With Love of the People”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: The South Shetland Islands
The Republic of Strandpiraten is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its burgeoning eagle population. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 2.955 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Social Welfare. The average income tax rate is 20%, but much higher for the wealthy. A substantial private sector is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Woodchip Exports.
High-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, voting is voluntary, surveillance cameras are banned, and the government is avowedly atheist. Crime is moderate. Strandpiraten's national animal is the eagle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 12 days ago: Strandpiraten relocated from Weirdonia to The South Shetland Islands.
- 14 days ago: Strandpiraten relocated from Balder to Weirdonia.
- 14 days ago: Strandpiraten was refounded.
- 20 days ago: Strandpiraten ceased to exist.
- 73 days ago: Strandpiraten was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Average.
- 80 days ago: Strandpiraten relocated from Western Samoa to Bettering Nations for the Greater Good.
- 112 days ago: Strandpiraten relocated from Danmark to Western Samoa.
- 114 days ago: Strandpiraten relocated from Phoenix to Danmark.
- 114 days ago: Strandpiraten relocated from Pitcairn to Phoenix.
- 114 days ago: Strandpiraten relocated from Pirate state to Pitcairn.