“With Love of the People”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: The South Shetland Islands
The Republic of Strandpiraten is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its burgeoning eagle population. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.789 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Social Welfare. The average income tax rate is 20%, but much higher for the wealthy. A substantial private sector is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Woodchip Exports.
High-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, voting is voluntary, surveillance cameras are banned, and the government is avowedly atheist. Crime is moderate. Strandpiraten's national animal is the eagle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 21 days ago: Strandpiraten aborted construction of embassies between The South Shetland Islands and Confederate assembly.
- 21 days ago: Strandpiraten agreed to construct embassies between The South Shetland Islands and Confederate assembly.
- 25 days ago: Strandpiraten established the regional flag of The South Shetland Islands.
- 37 days ago: Strandpiraten proposed constructing embassies between The South Shetland Islands and The Kingdom of Greenland.
- 37 days ago: Strandpiraten agreed to construct embassies between The South Shetland Islands and Far North.
- 176 days ago: Strandpiraten agreed to construct embassies between The South Shetland Islands and Freedom Front.
- 317 days ago: Strandpiraten relocated from Weirdonia to The South Shetland Islands.
- 320 days ago: Strandpiraten relocated from Balder to Weirdonia.
- 320 days ago: Strandpiraten was refounded.
- 326 days ago: Strandpiraten ceased to exist.