“Pacem per tyrannidem”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Despotism of Stralis is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by General Carter with an iron fist, and notable for its suspicion of poets. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5.983 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Svempa City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 87%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Shire Horses are becoming popular in pet stores nationwide, Stralis Barrier Island residents anxiously await their 'Bridge to Somewhere', citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering', and pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Stralis's national animal is the Shire Horse, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is The Anglican Church of Stralis , and its currency is the Tector.
Most Recent Government Activity: 26 days ago
- 2 hours ago: Stralis was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Stralis was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Stralis was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Safest.
- 18 days ago: Stralis was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 26 days ago: Stralis was refounded in Lazarus.
- 42 days ago: Stralis ceased to exist.
- 53 days ago: Stralis was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Rudest Citizens.
- 54 days ago: Stralis was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 58 days ago: Stralis was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 65 days ago: Stralis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Transport Department.