“Give us a place to stand and we shall move the universe”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The New Inquisition
The Despotate of Straethearn is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Antiochos Megas with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.994 billion enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Xionae. The average income tax rate is 42%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Information Technology and Tourism.
Business is adjusting to new gender equality policies in the workplace, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, the government funds large training centres to turn Sabertooths into functioning members of society, and space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Straethearn's national animal is the Sabertooth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the for free.
Most Recent Government Activity: 47 days ago
- 4 days ago: Straethearn fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 4 days ago: Straethearn fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 5 days ago: Straethearn was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Tongusta.
- 6 days ago: Straethearn fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 22 days ago: Straethearn was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 5%).
- 25 days ago: Straethearn fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 27 days ago: Straethearn was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 33 days ago: Straethearn was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- 34 days ago: Straethearn was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 36 days ago: Straethearn was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).