The Queen's State of Stikine is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its complete lack of public education, absence of drug laws, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 14.813 billion Stikineans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business, outspoken individuals keep a keen eye out for any attempt to organize such a thing, and ruthlessly crush it. Income tax is unheard of.
The strong Stikinean economy, worth 509 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is quite specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 34,415 betales, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 306,984 per year while the poor average 513, a ratio of 597 to 1.
Voting is voluntary, surveillance cameras are banned, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, and young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables. Crime is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Stikine's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Stikine's influence in 0000 rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Stikine relocated from Libertaria to 0000.
- : Stikine was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Stikine was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Pro-Market.
- : Stikine's influence in Libertaria fell from "Diplomat" to "Envoy".
- : Stikine was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Stikine was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Stikine's influence in Libertaria rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Stikine's influence in Libertaria rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Stikine was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Avoided.