The Queen's State of Stikine is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its complete lack of public education, absence of drug laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 12.59 billion Stikineans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business, outspoken individuals keep a keen eye out for any attempt to organize such a thing, and ruthlessly crush it. Income tax is unheard of.
The strong Stikinean economy, worth 432 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by the private sector, which is quite specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 34,340 betales, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 306,316 per year while the poor average 512, a ratio of 597 to 1.
Voting is voluntary, surveillance cameras are banned, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, and young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables. Crime is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Stikine's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Stikine proposed constructing embassies between North Caledonia and Cheshire.
- : Stikine proposed constructing embassies between North Caledonia and Westminster.
- : Stikine was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Extreme (last census: Top 5%).
- : Stikine was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed (last census: Top 10%).
- : Stikine was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 5%).
- : Stikine was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Stikine altered the regional flag of North Caledonia.
- : Stikine was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Avoided.
- : Stikine's influence in North Caledonia rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- : Stikine's influence in North Caledonia fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".