“done gone too far”
Regional Influence: Hegemony
Location: North Caledonia
The Queen's State of Stikine is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 10.825 billion Stikineans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business individuals keep a keen eye out for any attempt to organize such a thing, and ruthlessly crush it. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 2%. A large private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Pizza Delivery and Furniture Restoration.
Voting is voluntary, surveillance cameras are banned, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, and young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables. Crime is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Stikine's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its currency is the betale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 39 days ago
- 9 days ago: Stikine's influence in North Caledonia fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 70 days ago: Stikine was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme (last census: Top 1%).
- 135 days ago: Stikine was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest (last census: Top 5%).
- 158 days ago: Stikine was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 1%).
- 174 days ago: Stikine changed its national nation type to "Queen's State" and its currency to "betale".
- 219 days ago: Stikine was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Primitive.
- 219 days ago: Stikine established the regional flag of North Caledonia.
- 220 days ago: Stikine withdrew a request for embassies between North Caledonia and Japvia.
- 220 days ago: Stikine proposed constructing embassies between North Caledonia and Westminster.
- 220 days ago: Stikine proposed constructing embassies between North Caledonia and United Arab Emirates.