The Supreme Realm of Starrie is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by The Great Nameless with an iron fist, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, compulsory military service, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 7.347 billion Starrians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nexum. The average income tax rate is 86.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Starrian economy, worth a remarkable 1,524 trillion Bytecoins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 207,519 Bytecoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Daisy chain gangs plant flowers and pick up litter, fast food restaurants everywhere are under the control of a gigantic government corporation, prudishness is on the way out, and the fire protection service is wholly government-funded. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Starrie's national animal is the Cuttlefish, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Reality.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 4 days ago: Starrie was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Father Knows Best State".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Starrie, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Starrie, prudishness is on the way out.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Starrie, fast food restaurants everywhere are under the control of a gigantic government corporation.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Starrie, daisy chain gangs plant flowers and pick up litter.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Starrie, the nation is reliant on the principle of mutually assured destruction to maintain its security.
- 6 days ago: Starrie fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Armed.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Starrie, children's toy tractors have been seized as state property.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Starrie, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces.
- 9 days ago: Starrie was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 10%).