The Supreme Realm of Starrie is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by vh with an iron fist, and renowned for its ban on automobiles, smutty television, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 6.892 billion Starrieans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nexum. The average income tax rate is 80.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Starriean economy, worth a remarkable 1,389 trillion Bits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 201,649 Bits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
The government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments, curtailed social programs have left many citizens bereft of any safety net, families consisting of more than three people are forced to split up, and the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Starrie's national animal is the Darv, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Explodonism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 18 hours ago: Starrie fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 5 days ago: Starrie updated the World Factbook entry in Kallisto.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Starrie, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress.
- 15 days ago: Starrie was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 18 days ago: Starrie fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 20 days ago: Starrie fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 23 days ago: Starrie fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 28 days ago: Starrie was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 28 days ago: Starrie was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 33 days ago: Starrie was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).