The Supreme Realm of Starrie is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by The Great Nameless with an iron fist, and notable for its parental licensing program, vat-grown people, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 9.4 billion Starrians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Industry, Healthcare, and Education also on the agenda, while Environment isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nexum. The average income tax rate is 94.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Starrian economy, worth a remarkable 3,094 trillion Bytecoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 329,189 Bytecoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It's always rabbit season, kids are arrested at gunpoint for playing with toy rifles, animal liberationists receive government funding to break into animal research labs, and cities are engulfed by smog. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Starrie's national animal is the Cuttlefish, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its national religion is Reality.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Starrie, cities are engulfed by smog.
- : Following new legislation in Starrie, animal liberationists receive government funding to break into animal research labs.
- : Following new legislation in Starrie, kids are arrested at gunpoint for playing with toy rifles.
- : Starrie granted Polls authority to The Kingdom of Czagarn and renamed the office from "Communications Officer" to "The Director" in Kallisto.
- : Starrie granted Communications authority and removed Polls authority from The Kingdom of Czagarn and renamed the office from "Research Officer" to "Communications Officer" in Kallisto.
- : Starrie appointed The Kingdom of Czagarn as Research Officer with authority over Polls in Kallisto.
- : Following new legislation in Starrie, it's always rabbit season.
- : Following new legislation in Starrie, citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless.
- : Following new legislation in Starrie, Nexum is a police state during international summits.
- : Following new legislation in Starrie, all citizens are solely referenced by their allocated identity number.