|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The Supreme Realm of Starrie is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by vh with an iron fist, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5.008 billion are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Commerce are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nexum. The average income tax rate is 89%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Uranium Mining.
Every citizen must submit to DNA testing to be eliminated from police inquiries, political activists are routinely executed, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering', and the Darv is believed to be extinct. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Starrie's national animal is the Darv, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Explodonism, and its currency is the Bit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Starrie was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 4 days ago: Starrie fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 4 days ago: Starrie fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 5 days ago: Starrie banned The Badlands Beyond the Brink of The Bizarre from Kallisto.
- 7 days ago: Starrie was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 10%).
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Starrie, the Darv is believed to be extinct.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Starrie, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering'.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Starrie, political activists are routinely executed.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Starrie, every citizen must submit to DNA testing to be eliminated from police inquiries.
- 20 days ago: Starrie converted 1.00 Starrie Bits into ฿ 1.292 ByteCoin at the market rate of 1 ByteCoin to 0.774.