The Supreme Realm of Starrie is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by The Great Nameless with an iron fist, and notable for its compulsory military service, punitive income tax rates, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 7.747 billion Starrians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nexum. The average income tax rate is 86.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Starrian economy, worth a remarkable 1,612 trillion Bytecoins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 208,147 Bytecoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The fire protection service is wholly government-funded, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances, immigrants are asked to leave their cultural traditions and pride at the border, and children spout "He who dreams is a sparrow flitting between two seas." involuntarily throughout the day. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Starrie's national animal is the Cuttlefish, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Reality.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Starrie was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- : Starrie lodged a message on the The United Pacific States Regional Message Board.
- : Starrie was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Starrie fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- : Starrie fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Starrie was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- : Following new legislation in Starrie, children spout "He who dreams is a sparrow flitting between two seas." involuntarily throughout the day.
- : Following new legislation in Starrie, immigrants are asked to leave their cultural traditions and pride at the border.
- : Following new legislation in Starrie, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances.
- : Starrie was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Father Knows Best State".