The Supreme Realm of Starrie is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by The Great Nameless with an iron fist, and renowned for its soft-spoken computers, public floggings, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 10.127 billion Starrians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Education, Healthcare, and Industry also on the agenda, while Environment and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nexum. The average income tax rate is 97.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Starrian economy, worth a remarkable 3,573 trillion Bytecoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 352,852 Bytecoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cars are banned, The Great Nameless's mistress is the belle at many state balls, drug distribution is tightly controlled by the government, and people regularly disappear off the streets and all evidence of them is destroyed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Starrie's national animal is the Cuttlefish, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its national religion is Reality.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Starrie was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Following new legislation in Starrie, people regularly disappear off the streets and all evidence of them is destroyed.
- : Following new legislation in Starrie, drug distribution is tightly controlled by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Starrie, The Great Nameless's mistress is the belle at many state balls.
- : Following new legislation in Starrie, cars are banned.
- : Starrie was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Psychotic Dictatorship".
- : Starrie was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Following new legislation in Starrie, only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile.
- : Following new legislation in Starrie, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation.
- : Starrie was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".