“Fides, Gloria, Sanguis”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Instigator
Location: Atlantian Oceania
The Protectorate of Starblaydia is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Julius Starblayde with an iron fist, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 21.661 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Education and Defence are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jhanna. The average income tax rate is 54%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Tourism and Furniture Restoration.
Retired racing White Lions are served truffles for breakfast, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up, and the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age. Crime is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Starblaydia's national animal is the White Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is the Fam'dai, and its currency is the Starblaydi Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 minutes ago
- 15 days ago: Starblaydia lodged a message on the Atlantian Oceania Regional Message Board.
- 16 days ago: Starblaydia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive.
- 16 days ago: Starblaydia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Primitive.
- 17 days ago: Starblaydia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 27 days ago: Following new legislation in Starblaydia, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up.
- 43 days ago: Following new legislation in Starblaydia, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town.
- 44 days ago: Starblaydia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 47 days ago: Starblaydia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 52 days ago: Starblaydia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Rudest Citizens.
- 56 days ago: Starblaydia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.