The Protectorate of Starblaydia is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Julius Starblayde with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, cheerful population of 23.802 billion Starblaydi are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Law & Order, with Education, Defense, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jhanna. The average income tax rate is 1.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Starblaydi economy, worth a remarkable 3,642 trillion Starblaydi Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 153,051 Starblaydi Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age, the police have been swamped with requests to stay up past bedtime, a government program is underway to revitalize Starblaydia's beaches, and tax rises are attributed to divine will. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate. Starblaydia's national animal is the White Lion and its national religion is the Fam'dai.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Starblaydia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Starblaydia lodged a message on the Atlantian Oceania Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 22 hours ago: Starblaydia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: Starblaydia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 8 days ago: Starblaydia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 10 days ago: Starblaydia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Godforsaken.
- 10 days ago: Starblaydia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 23 days ago: Starblaydia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 23 days ago: Starblaydia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 24 days ago: Starblaydia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.