The Protectorate of Starblaydia is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Julius Starblayde with an iron fist, and renowned for its public floggings, strictly enforced bedtime, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, cheerful population of 24.155 billion Starblaydi are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Law & Order, although Education, Defense, and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jhanna. The average income tax rate is 1.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Starblaydi economy, worth a remarkable 3,705 trillion Starblaydi Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Furniture Restoration, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 153,392 Starblaydi Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The police have been swamped with requests to stay up past bedtime, a government program is underway to revitalize Starblaydia's beaches, tax rises are attributed to divine will, and a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate. Starblaydia's national animal is the White Lion and its national religion is the Fam'dai.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 hours ago
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Starblaydia lodged a message on the Atlantian Oceania Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Starblaydia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Primitive (last census: Top 5%).
- 14 days ago: Starblaydia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 19 days ago: Starblaydia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Rudest Citizens.
- 24 days ago: Starblaydia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- 28 days ago: Starblaydia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 32 days ago: Starblaydia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 34 days ago: Following new legislation in Starblaydia, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up.
- 37 days ago: Starblaydia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 41 days ago: Starblaydia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).