The Utopian Republic of Star United States is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by the Head Council with an even hand, and notable for its zero percent divorce rate, anti-smoking policies, and strictly enforced bedtime. The compassionate, devout population of 7.484 billion Starians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Star. The average income tax rate is 80.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Star United Statesian economy, worth 534 trillion Starlites a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 71,480 Starlites, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, voters must frequently select what they view as the lesser of two evils on the ballot, and the government has an "easy come, easy go" policy on youth crime. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Star United States's national animal is the Panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christanity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Star United States fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- : Star United States was ranked #1 in the region for Most Compassionate Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Star United States published "Act of Language" (Factbook: Legislation).
- : Star United States was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens (last census: #1).
- : Star United States lodged a message on the Esportiva Regional Message Board.
- : Star United States was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Police Ratios.
- : Star United States changed its national motto to "Peace in Harmony under God".
- : Star United States fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- : Star United States fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Star United States was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 5%).