“With Liberty, We Stand”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Star United States is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Chris with an even hand, and notable for its national health service. The compassionate, intelligent population of 5.236 billion Starian or Starss are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Star. The average income tax rate is 92%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate, and foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Star United States's national animal is the Panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Christanity, and its currency is the Starlite.
Most Recent Government Activity: 79 minutes ago
- 18 hours ago: Star United States was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Star United States voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Star United States endorsed The Federal Republic of Red Blackiland.
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Star United States voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Pornography Ban".
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Star United States was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Red Blackiland.
- 4 days ago: Star United States was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Defense Forces (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: Star United States voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Capitalist Paradise".
- 6 days ago: Star United States voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Legal Competence".
- 6 days ago: Star United States changed its national demonym to "Starian or Stars".
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Star United States, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle.