“With Liberty, We Stand”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dominator
The Republic of Star United States is a massive, devout nation, ruled by President Chris with an even hand, and renowned for its suspicion of poets. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 4.419 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Star. The average income tax rate is 91%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, all guns must be registered, child adoption by homosexual couples has been outlawed, and citizens must have a license to operate a computer. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Star United States's national animal is the Panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Christanity, and its currency is the Starlite.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Star United States fell out of the world Top 10% for Safest.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Star United States's influence in Star rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Star United States, citizens must have a license to operate a computer.
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Star United States voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Anarchy".
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Star United States voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Star United States, child adoption by homosexual couples has been outlawed.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Star United States, all guns must be registered.
- 5 days ago: Star United States voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- 6 days ago: Star United States voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
- 7 days ago: Star United States unsuppressed a post on the Star regional message board.
Endorsements Received: None.