The Utopian Republic of Star United States is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by the Head Council with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, strictly enforced bedtime, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, devout population of 6.602 billion Starians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Star. The average income tax rate is 79.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Star United Statesian economy, worth 471 trillion Starlites a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 71,389 Starlites, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, and voters must frequently select what they view as the lesser of two evils on the ballot. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Star United States's national animal is the Panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christanity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Star United States published "Embassy Program Act" (Factbook: Politics).
- 10 hours ago: Star United States published "Act of Freedom" (Factbook: Legislation).
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Star United States fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 5 days ago: Star United States lodged a message on the Esportiva Regional Message Board.
- 7 days ago: Star United States published "The Starian-Guayabalense Free Trade Agreement" (Factbook: Politics).
- 8 days ago: Star United States published "Installment of Councils [Bill of Foundations]" (Factbook: Legislation).
- 24 days ago: Star United States fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 28 days ago: Following new legislation in Star United States, voters must frequently select what they view as the lesser of two evils on the ballot.
- 28 days ago: Star United States was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 28 days ago: Star United States was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.