“Peace in Harmony”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Utopian Republic of Star United States is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by the Head Council with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, punitive income tax rates, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, devout population of 6.402 billion Starians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Star. The average income tax rate is 86.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Star United Statesian economy, worth 500 trillion Starlites a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 78,235 Starlites, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, politicians accepting drinks in bars are executed for taking bribes, and naturists are jailed regularly for indecent exposure. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Star United States's national animal is the Panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christanity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 65 minutes ago
- 5 days ago: Star United States published "Treaty of the First Conference of Star (circa 1 BSC)" (Factbook: Politics).
- 5 days ago: Star United States published "Starian Administration Regions (Post-Fall of the Federal Republic) Circa. 2 BSC" (Factbook: Politics).
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Star United States, naturists are jailed regularly for indecent exposure.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Star United States, politicians accepting drinks in bars are executed for taking bribes.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Star United States, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages.
- 8 days ago: Star United States fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 9 days ago: Star United States lodged a message on the Esportiva Regional Message Board.
- 11 days ago: Star United States changed its national leader to "the Head Council".
- 12 days ago: Star United States changed its national animal to "Panda", its currency to "Starlite", its demonym to "Starian", its faith to "Christanity", its leader to "Head Council", its motto to "Peace in Harmony", and its nation type to "Utopian Republic".
- 12 days ago: Star United States altered its national flag.