|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: The Proletariat Coalition
The Haderanian Polity of Star City is a gargantuan, genial nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, intelligent population of 25.908 billion Stellarae love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Star City. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations, much of Star City's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, and public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers. Crime is totally unknown. Star City's national animal is the Utahraptor, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Proletarian Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Star City fell out of the regional Top 5% for Highest Police Ratios.
- 6 days ago: Star City fell out of the regional Top 5% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 37 days ago: Star City fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 53 days ago: Star City fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Cultured.
- 56 days ago: Star City fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 81 days ago: Star City fell out of the regional Top 5% for Safest.
- 87 days ago: Star City was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Safest.
- 87 days ago: Star City changed its national motto to "Bunker Soldiers".
- 89 days ago: Star City was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 90 days ago: Star City endorsed The Free Land of Timao.