“Ten Years of Star City - January 3rd 2013”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: The Proletariat Coalition
The Haderanian Polity of Star City is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, intelligent population of 25.353 billion Stellarae love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Star City. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations, much of Star City's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, and public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers. Crime is totally unknown. Star City's national animal is the Utahraptor, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Proletarian Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 8 hours ago: Star City changed its national demonym to "Stellara", its demonym adjective to "Stellar", and its demonym plural to "Stellarae".
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Star City was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Star City lost the position of The Proletariat Coalition WA Delegate to The Dominion of Heaven Bound Tonight.
- 21 days ago: Star City was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- 43 days ago: Star City changed its national demonym to "Strellan" and its demonym adjective to "Strellan".
- 49 days ago: Star City voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Welfare in Adoption".
- 52 days ago: Star City approved the World Assembly proposal "Reducing Spills and Leaks".
- 55 days ago: Star City agreed to construct embassies between The Proletariat Coalition and The Internationale.
- 59 days ago: Star City lodged a message on the The Proletariat Coalition Regional Message Board.
- 59 days ago: Star City updated the World Factbook entry in The Proletariat Coalition.