“For the Equality of Every Race and Creed”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Contender
Location: The Flying Squadron
The Egalitarian Soviet Republic of Stachland is a colossal, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its strong anti-business policies. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 6.651 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chevronia. The average income tax rate is 98%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, students cut up leftover handlebars during Arts and Crafts, consuming ecstasy is a common rite of passage, and the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event. Crime is totally unknown. Stachland's national animal is the mouse-stach, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the handlebar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 12 hours ago
- 3 days ago: Stachland's influence in The Flying Squadron rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- 12 days ago: Stachland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 49 days ago: Stachland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Assisted Suicide Act".
- 49 days ago: Stachland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Anime Daisuki".
- 72 days ago: Stachland fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 72 days ago: Stachland's influence in The Flying Squadron rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- 79 days ago: Stachland lodged a message on the The Flying Squadron Regional Message Board.
- 81 days ago: Stachland was endorsed by Libetarian borderlands.
- 81 days ago: Stachland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "On Abortion"".
- 84 days ago: Stachland's influence in The Flying Squadron rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
Endorsements Received: None.