“For the Equality of Every Race and Creed”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Egalitarian Soviet Republic of Stachland is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.165 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chevronia. The average income tax rate is 97%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, students cut up leftover handlebars during Arts and Crafts, consuming ecstasy is a common rite of passage, and the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event. Crime is totally unknown. Stachland's national animal is the mouse-stach, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the handlebar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 days ago
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Stachland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 4 days ago: Stachland was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 7 days ago: Stachland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 9 days ago: Stachland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 14 days ago: Stachland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- 18 days ago: Stachland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 19 days ago: Stachland altered its national flag.
- 19 days ago: Stachland was refounded.
- 51 days ago: Stachland ceased to exist.
- 57 days ago: Stachland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.