“Liberty and Loyalty, lead us on”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The The Saintly Saint of St James is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Lucas Moningham with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and museums and concert halls. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.202 billion St Jamesians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jamestown. The average income tax rate is 95.5%.
The very strong St Jamesian economy, worth 476 trillion Jameions a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Furniture Restoration, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 91,660 Jameions, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There is a dearth of space for new houses, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods, mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance, and local executives are seen on the corner with cardboard signs reading "will oppress the masses for food". Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. St James's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Church of Saint James.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 7 days ago: St James was refounded in Balder.
- 35 days ago: St James ceased to exist.
- 40 days ago: St James was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 40 days ago: St James fell out of the regional Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 56 days ago: St James was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 62 days ago: St James's influence in Natan Region rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 66 days ago: St James was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 66 days ago: St James lodged a message on the Natan Region Regional Message Board.
- 69 days ago: St James was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 71 days ago: St James was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.