“Liberty and Loyalty, lead us on”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Natan Region
The The Saintly Saint of St James is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Lucas Moningham with an even hand, and renowned for its national health service. The compassionate, intelligent population of 4.774 billion St Jamesians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jamestown. The average income tax rate is 93%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Tourism and Furniture Restoration.
Invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie, there is a dearth of space for new houses, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods, and mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. St James's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is The Church of Saint James, and its currency is the Jameion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 35 minutes ago
- 14 minutes ago: St James lodged a message on the Natan Region Regional Message Board.
- 20 hours ago: St James was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: St James lodged a message on the Natan Region Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: St James lodged a message on the Natan Region Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: St James relocated from Lazarus to Natan Region.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: St James was refounded in Lazarus.
- 25 days ago: St James ceased to exist.
- 30 days ago: St James was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 5%).
- 40 days ago: St James's influence in The saintly knights rose from "Dominator" to "Hermit".
- 41 days ago: St James was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 5%).