“Liberty and Loyalty, lead us on”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Envoy
Location: Natan Region
The Happy yet unhappy happy plac of St James is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Lucas Moningham with an even hand, and remarkable for its national health service. Its compassionate population of 3.55 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jamestown. The average income tax rate is 93%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, island residents must resort to canoes and sailboats to get to work, 'removal of the heart' is the most common cause of death, and criminals are put to death while cuddling their favourite teddy bear. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. St James's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is The Church of Saint James, and its currency is the Jameion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 53 minutes ago
- 2 days 17 hours ago: St James was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Safest.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: St James was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 6 days ago: St James's influence in Natan Region rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 8 days ago: St James lodged a message on the Natan Region Regional Message Board.
- 8 days ago: St James was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 9 days ago: St James fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 12 days ago: St James was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 13 days ago: St James was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 26 days ago: St James's influence in Natan Region rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 31 days ago: St James was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.