The The Saintly Saint of St James is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Lucas Moningham with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, strictly enforced bedtime, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 6.547 billion St Jamesians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jamestown. The average income tax rate is 94.5%.
The very strong St Jamesian economy, worth 601 trillion Jameions a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Furniture Restoration, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 91,938 Jameions, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There is a dearth of space for new houses, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods, mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance, and local executives are seen on the corner with cardboard signs reading "will oppress the masses for food". Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. St James's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Church of Saint James.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : St James's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : St James's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : St James's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : St James's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : St James was refounded in Balder.
- : St James ceased to exist.
- : St James was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments and the Top 10% for Smartest Citizens and Largest Publishing Industry.
- : St James was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : St James's influence in International Republican Union rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : St James voted for The Rose Commune of Caelapes in Round 2 of the election.