The The Saintly Saint of St James is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Lucas Moningham with an even hand, and notable for its national health service, digital currency, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.429 billion St Jamesians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jamestown. The average income tax rate is 95.5%.
The very strong St Jamesian economy, worth 497 trillion Jameions a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Furniture Restoration, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 91,660 Jameions, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There is a dearth of space for new houses, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods, mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance, and local executives are seen on the corner with cardboard signs reading "will oppress the masses for food". Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. St James's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Church of Saint James.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 2 days 10 hours ago: St James was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 6 days ago: St James fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- 10 days ago: St James was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 12 days ago: St James was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 10%).
- 12 days ago: St James was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 14 days ago: St James was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 10%).
- 14 days ago: St James was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 18 days ago: St James was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 19 days ago: St James was refounded in Balder.
- 92 days ago: St James ceased to exist.