“One nation, divisible only in binary.. yadda yadda..”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Futuristic Dystopia of Sprawlville is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Wintermute with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 7.14 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although the Environment and Social Welfare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chiba. The average income tax rate is 73%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed, breastfeeding mothers are replacing smokers to loiter outside the workplace, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and the study of medicine is popular throughout Sprawlville. Crime is totally unknown. Sprawlville's national animal is the Megarat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Dollayen.
Most Recent Government Activity: 26 days ago
- 9 days ago: Sprawlville was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- 25 days ago: Sprawlville fell out of the world Top 10% for Safest.
- 26 days ago: Sprawlville applied to join the World Assembly.
- 26 days ago: Sprawlville lodged a message on the 10000 Islands Regional Message Board.
- 26 days ago: Sprawlville relocated from Lazarus to 10000 Islands.
- 26 days ago: Sprawlville was refounded in Lazarus.
- 32 days ago: Sprawlville ceased to exist.
- 48 days ago: Sprawlville was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 54 days ago: Sprawlville was endorsed by The Overly Humble Outcropping of Biblical Importance.
- 55 days ago: Sprawlville was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.