“One nation, divisible only in binary.. yadda yadda..”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Futuristic Dystopia of Sprawlville is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Wintermute with a fair hand, and remarkable for its national health service. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 7.909 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although the Environment and Social Welfare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chiba. The average income tax rate is 75%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The study of medicine is popular throughout Sprawlville, cars speed down national highways while drivers sleep at the wheel, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, and the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting. Crime is totally unknown. Sprawlville's national animal is the Megarat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Dollayen.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 days ago
- 17 days ago: Sprawlville was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- 19 days ago: Sprawlville was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 38 days ago: Sprawlville voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Blackbird".
- 38 days ago: Sprawlville voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "On Abortion"".
- 47 days ago: Sprawlville was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Mondragonia.
- 50 days ago: Sprawlville was endorsed by The Taco Autocracy of Benevolent Thomas.
- 52 days ago: Sprawlville was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 52 days ago: Sprawlville was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 55 days ago: Sprawlville fell out of the world Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 59 days ago: Sprawlville was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Benevolent Thomas.