“One nation, divisible only in binary.. yadda yadda..”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Futuristic Dystopia of Sprawlville is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Wintermute with a fair hand, and renowned for its devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, intelligent population of 8.791 billion Sprawlvilleans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although the Environment and Social Welfare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chiba. The average income tax rate is 77%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The study of medicine is popular throughout Sprawlville, cars speed down national highways while drivers sleep at the wheel, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, and the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sprawlville's national animal is the Megarat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Dollayen.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 days ago
- 66 days ago: Sprawlville applied to join the World Assembly.
- 66 days ago: Sprawlville lodged a message on the 10000 Islands Regional Message Board.
- 66 days ago: Sprawlville relocated from Lazarus to 10000 Islands.
- 66 days ago: Sprawlville was refounded in Lazarus.
- 69 days ago: Sprawlville ceased to exist.
- 77 days ago: Sprawlville fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 79 days ago: Sprawlville fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 92 days ago: Sprawlville was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 100 days ago: Sprawlville was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- 110 days ago: Sprawlville was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).