“Do whatever da phuk you want!”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Free Land of Spikester is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by The immortal benevolent Spike with an even hand, and notable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 2.425 billion enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Schporktown. The average income tax rate is 92%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, convicted murderers are free to walk the streets provided they attend rehabilitation classes, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, and roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Spikester's national animal is the Owl, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Spike.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Spikester was endorsed by The Minister of Defense of Kiwitaicho.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Spikester was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 10%).
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Spikester was endorsed by The Former Delegate of McMasterdonia.
- 4 days ago: Spikester fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 4 days ago: Spikester fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 7 days ago: Spikester was endorsed by The Maritime Explorer of General COE.
- 10 days ago: Spikester was endorsed by The Borderlands of Iwin.
- 10 days ago: Spikester was endorsed by The Republic of Under The Oaks.
- 10 days ago: Spikester was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 13 days ago: Spikester was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Love Song.
Endorsements Received: 75 (Groovistan, Blue Wolf II, Grosseschnauzer, Pasargad, Yaorozu, Novare Res, The Duchy of Inspiratia, Eumbner, Markdegrey, Great Bights Mum, Selfgradatude, Sheldony, Newfatland, Enif, Bothia, Mk Steele, Verguile, Higan, Moany Old Gits, Laibach, Boobaloo, Andromeda Islands, Velon, Zzzaaa, MY MONARCHY, Former English Colony, Elevation, Espana Japones, Blackshear41, New-Magrathea, Agramer, Orbanik, Llerrac Yar, Herzliyya, Della Sala, Spadestan, Jayduck, Everywheristan, God n Country n Byron, Ischaemia, Queen Ravenna Fontainon, Unimaginable Doom, Democatic Donkeys, Fengate, Oilgarchy, Abs123, Alice Gardens, Zemnaya Svoboda, Ator People, TheImpaler, Esponnise, Marscuponiland, Insitu, Blue Notropolis, Hashtagyolo, New haven america, Wisconsota, Caners, Kingdom Of Marvin, Leekem, Jamie Anumia, Mariensbergian Principality, Lucamania, Deutronesia, Viarizi, Jeiji, Democratic Republic of England, Avalon, WhalerVille, Love Song, Under The Oaks, Iwin, General COE, McMasterdonia, Kiwitaicho)