The Ghost of Spartzerium is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its parental licensing program, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 11.915 billion Spartzerians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Spartz City. The average income tax rate is 82.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Spartzerian economy, worth 596 trillion spartzers a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports, Tourism, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 50,043 spartzers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby, hunters have been known to lose limbs while attempting to 'play tag' with their prey, and the government funds private schools for intellectually gifted children. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Spartzerium's national animal is the Spartzy, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Spartzerium's influence in The Black Hawks rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Spartzerium's influence in The Black Hawks rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Spartzerium's influence in The Black Hawks rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Spartzerium's influence in The Black Hawks rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Spartzerium was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations and Most Advanced Law Enforcement and the Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments, Most Authoritarian, and Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Spartzerium lodged a message on the The Black Hawks Regional Message Board.
- : Spartzerium relocated from Balder to The Black Hawks.
- : Spartzerium changed its national capital to "Spartz City", its currency to "spartzer", its demonym to "Spartzerian", its demonym adjective to "Spartzerian", its motto to "Hello, NationStates.", and its nation type to "Ghost".
- : Spartzerium was refounded in Balder.
- : Spartzerium ceased to exist.