The Free Land of Sparicir is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Malcom Slater with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 3.06 billion Sparicirians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Westerford. The average income tax rate is 93.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Sparicirian economy, worth 263 trillion golden crowns a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 86,209 golden crowns, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Racial and religious segregation has become rife as the various groups are loath to mingle, eminent domain has been abolished, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, and billions are being spent on a new island airport. Crime is totally unknown. Sparicir's national animal is the dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Sparicir was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 12 days ago: Sparicir's influence in Outer Space rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 12 days ago: Sparicir fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 13 days ago: Sparicir became WA Delegate of Outer Space.
- 13 days ago: Sparicir was endorsed by The Republic of The Republic of The Intergalactic Republic of Space.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Sparicir, billions are being spent on a new island airport.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Sparicir, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
- 15 days ago: Sparicir was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 19 days ago: Sparicir was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Sparicir, eminent domain has been abolished.
Endorsements Received: 1 » The Intergalactic Republic of Space.