The Free Land of Sparicir is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Malcom Slater with a fair hand, and notable for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 3.625 billion Sparicirians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Westerford. The average income tax rate is 92.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Sparicirian economy, worth 23.7 trillion golden crowns a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 6,548 golden crowns, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect, prices for nearly everything reach all time highs as business subsidies are discontinued, foreigners with shady pasts are fleeing the country, and the navy is chrome-plating its battleships to prevent rust. Crime is totally unknown. Sparicir's national animal is the dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sparicir was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Sparicir was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Sparicir was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- : Sparicir's influence in Outer Space rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Following new legislation in Sparicir, the navy is chrome-plating its battleships to prevent rust.
- : Following new legislation in Sparicir, foreigners with shady pasts are fleeing the country.
- : Following new legislation in Sparicir, prices for nearly everything reach all time highs as business subsidies are discontinued.
- : Sparicir voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Black Riders".
- : Sparicir voted for the World Assembly Resolution "World Space Administration".
- : Sparicir's influence in Outer Space fell from "Diplomat" to "Envoy".
Endorsements Received: None.