“We Own Y'all!”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The United Socialist States of Span is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by M Shobacus Maz with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, intelligent population of 25.037 billion Spansters are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Healthcare and Commerce receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Maz. The average income tax rate is 75%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, the space program has been scrapped in order to focus on more terrestrial pursuits, and the government pours millions of spannies into rehabilitation programs annually. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Span's national animal is the donkey, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the spanny.
Span is ranked 98th in The North Pacific and 4,330th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 432 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Span, the government pours millions of spannies into rehabilitation programs annually.
- 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Span, the space program has been scrapped in order to focus on more terrestrial pursuits.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Span, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Span, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Span, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Span, violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Span, voting is voluntary.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Span, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- 5 days ago: Span was endorsed by The United States of Marsadia.
- 5 days ago: Span was endorsed by The Incorporate of Sauselandia.
Endorsements Received: 87 » Fengate, Groovistan, Herzliyya, Felenia, Yaorozu, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, Impenyer, Grosseschnauzer, Elevation, Oneofakynd, Espana Japones, Zzzaaa, Pasargad, Former English Colony, Andromeda Islands, Selfgradatude, Blackshear41, Unimaginable Doom, Jefffliu, Ascenon, New haven america, Democatic Donkeys, Abs123, Magonia, Renetopia, Zion-Talmasca, Pluxlups, Esponnise, Caish Empire, Democratic Republic of England, My Utopian World, Macworld, Venezuelia, McMasterdonia, Mandexia, Ator People, Calamazo, Zonkev, Fourth, Everywheristan, Oilgarchy, Brutobropia, Finely Unionized Network, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Olvern, Dutchyland, Rukonia, The Teddy, and 37 others.El Melbos, Thatchertropolis, Alunya, Francovania, Framhaven, Kiwitaicho, Sheldanada, Arcadiom, New Absurdistan, Lunar Felicem, Kitabo, Nphyx, Sufcok, Eumbner, Giancarlo, 007James Bond, Bristol C, Five Bridges, Abacathea, Deutheland, Pacific Borderlands, Varovanjov, Lokarth, Wisconsota, Kevaren, God n Country n Byron, Satvahan, Kimbaland, Lionia, DoPeNaStY, Central Republic of Mallottovia, Imperium Magna Graecia, International Nation of the World, Rugged, Malakeem, Sauselandia, and Marsadia.