“We Own Y'all!”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The United Socialist States of Span is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by M Shobacus Maz with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, intelligent population of 25.211 billion Spansters hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Healthcare and Commerce receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Maz. The average income tax rate is 75%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, euthanasia is illegal, and public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Span's national animal is the donkey, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the spanny.
Most Recent Government Activity: 81 minutes ago
- 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Span, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Span, euthanasia is illegal.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Span was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Span, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- 4 days ago: Span was endorsed by The Federation of United Chinese Republics.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Span, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Span, Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Span, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Span, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates.
- 6 days ago: Span was endorsed by The Republic of Indonesa.
Endorsements Received: 91 » Fengate, Groovistan, Herzliyya, Felenia, Yaorozu, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, Impenyer, Grosseschnauzer, Elevation, Oneofakynd, Espana Japones, Zzzaaa, Pasargad, Former English Colony, Andromeda Islands, Selfgradatude, Blackshear41, Unimaginable Doom, Jefffliu, Ascenon, New haven america, Democatic Donkeys, Magonia, Renetopia, Zion-Talmasca, Pluxlups, Esponnise, Caish Empire, Democratic Republic of England, My Utopian World, Macworld, Venezuelia, McMasterdonia, Mandexia, Ator People, Calamazo, Zonkev, Fourth, Oilgarchy, Brutobropia, Finely Unionized Network, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Olvern, Dutchyland, Rukonia, The Teddy, El Melbos, Thatchertropolis, and 41 others.Alunya, Francovania, Framhaven, Kiwitaicho, Sheldanada, Arcadiom, New Absurdistan, Lunar Felicem, Kitabo, Nphyx, Sufcok, Eumbner, Bristol C, Five Bridges, Abacathea, Deutheland, Pacific Borderlands, Varovanjov, Lokarth, Wisconsota, Kevaren, God n Country n Byron, Satvahan, Lionia, DoPeNaStY, Central Republic of Mallottovia, Imperium Magna Graecia, International Nation of the World, Rugged, Malakeem, Marsadia, Cinnibar, Kialga-Lourti, Falapatorius, Great Bights Mum, Malvad, Flutiestan, Iwin, Kilactic Regeneration, Indonesa, and United Chinese Republics.