“We Own Y'all!”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The United Socialist States of Span is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by M Shobacus Maz with a fair hand, and remarkable for its restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, intelligent population of 24.871 billion Spansters enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Healthcare and Commerce receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Maz. The average income tax rate is 75%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, Maz spends billions upgrading public transport, airport security is provided by private companies, and citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Span's national animal is the donkey, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the spanny.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 hours ago
- 19 hours ago: Span was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Span, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Span, airport security is provided by private companies.
- 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Span, Maz spends billions upgrading public transport.
- 20 hours ago: Span was endorsed by The Empire of Imperium Magna Graecia.
- 23 hours ago: Span was endorsed by The Empire of Miketheman.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Span was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Span, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle.
- 3 days 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Span, the nation's first space rocket -- sponsored by Pepsi and shaped like an enormous soda bottle -- is being developed.
- 4 days ago: Span was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 1%).
Endorsements Received: 90 » Fengate, Groovistan, Herzliyya, Felenia, Yaorozu, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, Impenyer, Grosseschnauzer, Elevation, Oneofakynd, Espana Japones, Zzzaaa, Pasargad, Great Bights Mum, Former English Colony, Andromeda Islands, Selfgradatude, Blackshear41, Unimaginable Doom, Jefffliu, Ascenon, New haven america, Democatic Donkeys, Abs123, Magonia, Renetopia, Zion-Talmasca, Pluxlups, Esponnise, Caish Empire, Democratic Republic of England, My Utopian World, The 54th Squadron, Macworld, Venezuelia, McMasterdonia, Mandexia, Ator People, Calamazo, Zonkev, Fourth, Everywheristan, Oilgarchy, Brutobropia, Finely Unionized Network, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Olvern, Dutchyland, and 40 others.Rukonia, The Teddy, Mel Senshir, El Melbos, Thatchertropolis, Alunya, Francovania, Framhaven, The Technocratic Empire of America, Kiwitaicho, Stratanova, Sheldanada, Arcadiom, New Absurdistan, Lunar Felicem, Kitabo, Nphyx, Sufcok, Eumbner, Giancarlo, 007James Bond, Bristol C, Five Bridges, Abacathea, Deutheland, Pacific Borderlands, Varovanjov, Kirie, Lokarth, Wisconsota, Kevaren, God n Country n Byron, Ursusuana, Satvahan, Kimbaland, Lionia, DoPeNaStY, Central Republic of Mallottovia, Miketheman, and Imperium Magna Graecia.