“Live and let live, but don't let the bailifs in.”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Most Serene Republic of Spadestan is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed population of 8.275 billion enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Spadestan City. The average income tax rate is 86%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Book Publishing and Gambling.
Morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed, the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists, and citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Spadestan's national animal is the giraffe, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Spendme.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 77 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless.
- 6 hours ago: Spadestan was endorsed by The Minister of Defense of Kiwitaicho.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists.
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Spadestan was endorsed by The Former Delegate of McMasterdonia.
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Spadestan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On the Declaration of War".
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Spadestan endorsed The Empire of Eitusian.
- 2 days 18 hours ago: Spadestan was endorsed by The Empire of Eitusian.
- 3 days ago: Spadestan endorsed The Borderlands of Iwin.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed.
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Spadestan was endorsed by The Borderlands of Iwin.
Endorsements Received: 65 (Yaorozu, Groovistan, Grosseschnauzer, Oneofakynd, Anarcosyndiclic Peons, New Allied Australia, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, Herzliyya, Enif, Pasargad, Great Bights Mum, Kitabo, Former English Colony, Markdegrey, Ischaemia, The Marians, Andromeda Islands, Selfgradatude, Blackshear41, Frenulumnia, Moany Old Gits, Blue Wolf II, Eumbner, Spikester, Kerlone Adinine, Everywheristan, God n Country n Byron, The Wilhelm Union, Democatic Donkeys, Malvad, Neosocialists, Ermarian, Magonia, Zemnaya Svoboda, Ator People, Marscuponiland, Queen Ravenna Fontainon, Troibroin, Oilgarchy, Insitu, Democratic Republic of England, Casal Centeio, Danigan, Jamie Anumia, Kingdom Of Marvin, The Exile within, Mariensbergian Principality, Corrigador, Tigerilla, Zimeroth, Deutronesia, TheImpaler, Zombiys, Viarizi, Caners, Avalon, Jeiji, Love Song, General COE, Teigonica, Iwin, Eitusian, McMasterdonia, Kiwitaicho)