“Live and let live, but don't let the bailifs in.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Most Serene Republic of Spadestan is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 10.044 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Spadestan City. The average income tax rate is 78%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Book Publishing and Gambling.
College students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, citizens are tied down and forced to watch educational videos on empathy, eight year-olds can be seen lighting up in public areas, and CDs are regularly copy-protected. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Spadestan's national animal is the giraffe, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Spendme.
Most Recent Government Activity: 53 minutes ago
- 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, CDs are regularly copy-protected.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Spadestan fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Spadestan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Spadestan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Sanitation".
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, eight year-olds can be seen lighting up in public areas.
- 2 days ago: Spadestan endorsed The Dictatorship of Drasolopia.
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Spadestan was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Drasolopia.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, citizens are tied down and forced to watch educational videos on empathy.
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Spadestan endorsed The Empire of One Vision.
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Spadestan was endorsed by The Empire of One Vision.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Yaorozu, Groovistan, Grosseschnauzer, Oneofakynd, Anarcosyndiclic Peons, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, Herzliyya, Enif, Pasargad, Great Bights Mum, Former English Colony, Ischaemia, The Marians, Andromeda Islands, Selfgradatude, Blackshear41, Kerlone Adinine, God n Country n Byron, Democatic Donkeys, Ermarian, Magonia, Marscuponiland, Oilgarchy, Democratic Republic of England, Casal Centeio, Mariensbergian Principality, Avalon, Abs123, My Utopian World, McMasterdonia, Ator People, Mandexia, Fourth, Emmerian Republic, Calamazo, Everywheristan, Prumkom, Zeroxis, Nphyx, Finely Unionized Network, HMS Unicorn, Rukonia, Macworld, Aterna, Jean Valjean, Grandbretan, The Teddy, Transcostrian Federative Republic, Blaktovia, and 20 others.Olvern, Malvad, Moany Old Gits, New Charlzilla, Alunya, Libycion, Framhaven, Merconitonitopia, Quasaria, Kiwitaicho, EVOLUTION786, Shogunate, Cool Happy Place, Ravenclaw Towers, Arcadiom, Stormfield, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, EretzIsrael, One Vision, and Drasolopia.