“Live and let live, but don't let the bailifs in.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Most Serene Republic of Spadestan is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and remarkable for its hatred of cheese. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 10.259 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Spadestan City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 80%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Book Publishing and Gambling.
People caught mistreating Spadestan's flag generally wind up in a great deal of pain, the government's religious works are headed by a New Age guru, euthanasia is illegal, and muscular women are banned from competing in sporting competitions. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Spadestan's national animal is the giraffe, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Spendme.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: Spadestan was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Temberin.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, muscular women are banned from competing in sporting competitions.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, euthanasia is illegal.
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, the government's religious works are headed by a New Age guru.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Spadestan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Dourian Embassy".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, people caught mistreating Spadestan's flag generally wind up in a great deal of pain.
- 4 days ago: Spadestan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- 4 days ago: Spadestan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million Spendmes of property damage.
Endorsements Received: 73 » Yaorozu, Groovistan, Grosseschnauzer, Oneofakynd, Anarcosyndiclic Peons, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, Herzliyya, Enif, Pasargad, Great Bights Mum, Former English Colony, Ischaemia, The Marians, Andromeda Islands, Selfgradatude, Blackshear41, Kerlone Adinine, God n Country n Byron, Democatic Donkeys, Ermarian, Magonia, Marscuponiland, Oilgarchy, Democratic Republic of England, Casal Centeio, Mariensbergian Principality, Avalon, Abs123, My Utopian World, McMasterdonia, Ator People, Mandexia, Fourth, Emmerian Republic, Calamazo, Everywheristan, Zeroxis, Nphyx, Finely Unionized Network, HMS Unicorn, Rukonia, Macworld, Aterna, Grandbretan, The Teddy, Transcostrian Federative Republic, Blaktovia, Olvern, Malvad, and 23 others.Moany Old Gits, Alunya, Framhaven, Quasaria, Kiwitaicho, EVOLUTION786, Shogunate, Cool Happy Place, Arcadiom, Stormfield, EretzIsrael, One Vision, New Absurdistan, New North Aqmuland, Eumbner, Giancarlo, Kitabo, Vedlands, 007James Bond, Assorted sucrose-based lifeforms, The Democratic States of LibertarianLand, Dalter, and Temberin.