“Live and let live, but don't let the bailifs in.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Most Serene Republic of Spadestan is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 10.895 billion Spadestanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Spadestan City. The average income tax rate is 85%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Book Publishing and Gambling.
The alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, customs turn away those considered to have an unfavourable ethnicity, abortions are routinely performed in Spadestan's hospitals, and students cut up leftover Spendmes during Arts and Crafts. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Spadestan's national animal is the giraffe, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Spendme.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 hours ago
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, students cut up leftover Spendmes during Arts and Crafts.
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, abortions are routinely performed in Spadestan's hospitals.
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Spadestan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured (last census: Top 1%).
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, customs turn away those considered to have an unfavourable ethnicity.
- 4 days ago: Spadestan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "National Economic Freedoms"".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, school uniforms are compulsory.
- 6 days ago: Spadestan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Sciongrad".
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
Endorsements Received: 60 » Yaorozu, Groovistan, Grosseschnauzer, Oneofakynd, Anarcosyndiclic Peons, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, Herzliyya, Pasargad, Great Bights Mum, Former English Colony, Ischaemia, Andromeda Islands, Selfgradatude, Blackshear41, God n Country n Byron, Democatic Donkeys, Ermarian, Magonia, Oilgarchy, Democratic Republic of England, Abs123, My Utopian World, McMasterdonia, Ator People, Mandexia, Fourth, Calamazo, Everywheristan, Zeroxis, Nphyx, Finely Unionized Network, HMS Unicorn, Rukonia, Macworld, The Teddy, Blaktovia, Olvern, Alunya, Framhaven, Kiwitaicho, EVOLUTION786, Arcadiom, Stormfield, EretzIsrael, New Absurdistan, Eumbner, Giancarlo, Kitabo, 007James Bond, and 10 others.Assorted sucrose-based lifeforms, Abacathea, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Lokarth, Kevaren, Lionia, Loneguy, Esponnise, Austro-Hungarian federation, and Varovanjov.