The Most Serene Republic of Spadestan is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 12.357 billion Spadestanians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Spadestan City. The average income tax rate is 55.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Spadestanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,933 trillion Spendmes a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 156,505 Spendmes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Multiple polls have christened the newly-formed Filibuster Committee as "the least efficient government bureaucracy", discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, and businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Spadestan's national animal is the giraffe, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up.
- 12 hours ago: Spadestan endorsed The Kingdom Republic of Ceretis.
- 12 hours ago: Spadestan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Tiago Silva"".
- 13 hours ago: Spadestan was endorsed by The Kingdom Republic of Ceretis.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Spadestan was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, multiple polls have christened the newly-formed Filibuster Committee as "the least efficient government bureaucracy".
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one.
Endorsements Received: 122 » Yaorozu, Grosseschnauzer, Oneofakynd, Anarcosyndiclic Peons, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, Herzliyya, Pasargad, Former English Colony, Ischaemia, Selfgradatude, God n Country n Byron, Democatic Donkeys, Ermarian, Democratic Republic of England, Mandexia, Calamazo, Zeroxis, Nphyx, Finely Unionized Network, HMS Unicorn, The Teddy, Framhaven, Arcadiom, EretzIsrael, New Absurdistan, Eumbner, Kitabo, Assorted sucrose-based lifeforms, Abacathea, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Lokarth, Quasaria, Great Bights Mum, NabMex, Indonesa, Malvad, United Chinese Republics, Kialga-Lourti, Unified Wessex, Sheldanada, General COE, The Lancerian Empire, Eglise Sainte Eve, New Sekai, SillyString, The A9, Sadakoyama, Neu-Klagenfurt, Territorio di Nessuno, and 72 others.Falapatorius, Republic of Destiny, Chisholm, Merdir, Obliterania, Pakistan 001, Vuzalex, Ceto, Schamun, Puerto Rican Independent Republic, The Kingdom of Earhart, Eumenor, Liberitad, Daedric Stellar Empire, Bacon Kingdom, Augustla, Domitia, Glupistan, Gangsta Weasels, Haut Beuxeroix, Republique autonome du Beuxeroy, Mica Land, Venezuelia, United Alvia, DEVILS HELL, Avalon, Whale Republic, CloudBase, Radlef, Trivida, Ferdinana, Plembobria, Asgain Colony, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Unimaginable Doom, Belschaft, NOFREEDOMZONE, McMasterdonia, Coristoga, Lunis, Alunya, Saint Tomaston, Ishual, South Isles, Frances Francis the First of France, Mladaba, Xentherida, Cricket Jump, Lombardrhein, Manilowia, Paulopolis II, Norway XXVIII, Yayness, Sirisea, True Sebland, United Llamas, Flooforia, Chinstralia, The Anthonian Republic, Pomidesia, Varadorn, Guslantis, Belgan, Travelling Blue Box, Yukti, Lionia, The Victorian League, Fjora, Comrade Kennedy, A lost soul, Ninta, and Ceretis.