“Live and let live, but don't let the bailifs in.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Most Serene Republic of Spadestan is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 10.842 billion Spadestanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Spadestan City. The average income tax rate is 86%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Book Publishing and Gambling.
The nation has recently been attributed to the funding of terrorist organisations, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms, and politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Spadestan's national animal is the giraffe, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Spendme.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 43 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- 5 hours ago: Spadestan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Fracking".
- 12 hours ago: Spadestan was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms.
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Spadestan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 2 days ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news.
- 2 days ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, the nation has recently been attributed to the funding of terrorist organisations.
- 2 days ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament.
- 2 days ago: Spadestan was endorsed by The Armed Republic of The Democratic States of LibertarianLand.
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Spadestan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
Endorsements Received: 62 » Yaorozu, Groovistan, Grosseschnauzer, Oneofakynd, Anarcosyndiclic Peons, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, Herzliyya, Pasargad, Great Bights Mum, Former English Colony, Ischaemia, Andromeda Islands, Selfgradatude, Blackshear41, God n Country n Byron, Democatic Donkeys, Ermarian, Magonia, Oilgarchy, Democratic Republic of England, Abs123, My Utopian World, McMasterdonia, Ator People, Mandexia, Fourth, Calamazo, Everywheristan, Zeroxis, Nphyx, Finely Unionized Network, HMS Unicorn, Rukonia, Macworld, The Teddy, Blaktovia, Olvern, Alunya, Framhaven, Kiwitaicho, EVOLUTION786, Arcadiom, Stormfield, EretzIsrael, New Absurdistan, Eumbner, Giancarlo, Kitabo, 007James Bond, and 12 others.Assorted sucrose-based lifeforms, Abacathea, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Lokarth, Kevaren, Ursusuana, Lionia, Loneguy, Esponnise, Austro-Hungarian federation, Varovanjov, and The Democratic States of LibertarianLand.