“Live and let live, but don't let the bailifs in.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Most Serene Republic of Spadestan is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 11.745 billion Spadestanians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Spadestan City. The average income tax rate is 86%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Book Publishing and Gambling.
Mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, island residents must resort to canoes and sailboats to get to work, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers, and Giraffe is one of the most popular forenames in Spadestan. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Spadestan's national animal is the giraffe, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Spendme.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 4 hours ago
- 20 hours ago: Spadestan was endorsed by The Allied States of Merdir.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Spadestan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Spadestan was endorsed by The Allied States of The British-Soviet Colonies.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Spadestan was endorsed by The Respublika of Zemnaya Svoboda.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, Giraffe is one of the most popular forenames in Spadestan.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Spadestan was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Chisholm.
- 2 days 4 hours ago: Spadestan endorsed The Undead Zombie Empire of Falapatorius.
- 2 days 4 hours ago: Spadestan endorsed The Ancient Prophecy of Republic of Destiny.
- 3 days 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, island residents must resort to canoes and sailboats to get to work.
Endorsements Received: 73 » Yaorozu, Groovistan, Grosseschnauzer, Oneofakynd, Anarcosyndiclic Peons, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, Herzliyya, Pasargad, Former English Colony, Ischaemia, Selfgradatude, God n Country n Byron, Democatic Donkeys, Ermarian, Magonia, Democratic Republic of England, McMasterdonia, Ator People, Mandexia, Calamazo, Zeroxis, Nphyx, Finely Unionized Network, HMS Unicorn, Macworld, The Teddy, Olvern, Alunya, Framhaven, Kiwitaicho, Arcadiom, EretzIsrael, New Absurdistan, Eumbner, Kitabo, Assorted sucrose-based lifeforms, Abacathea, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Lokarth, Lionia, Quasaria, Great Bights Mum, NabMex, Indonesa, Conoha, Malvad, United Chinese Republics, Kialga-Lourti, Unified Wessex, and 23 others.Rukonia, Anawak, Sheldanada, Azoriin, General COE, The Lancerian Empire, Eglise Sainte Eve, New Sekai, SillyString, TFG015, Kingdom of Plembobria, Flutiestan, Han fei Zi, The A9, Gilmour, Sadakoyama, Neu-Klagenfurt, Territorio di Nessuno, Falapatorius, Republic of Destiny, Chisholm, The British-Soviet Colonies, and Merdir.