The Most Serene Republic of Spadestan is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, sprawling nuclear power plants, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 12.183 billion Spadestanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Spadestan City. The average income tax rate is 44.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Spadestanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,867 trillion Spendmes a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 153,269 Spendmes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
The "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Spadestan City Times is sold out, retired racing giraffes are served truffles for breakfast, the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction, and the giraffe is protected from hunting and slowly coming back from the brink of extinction. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Spadestan's national animal is the giraffe, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 3 hours ago
- 7 hours ago: Spadestan was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of Lunis.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Spadestan was endorsed by The Monarchy of Guslantis.
- 3 days 19 hours ago: Spadestan was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Coristoga.
- 5 days ago: Spadestan fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Primitive.
- 5 days ago: Spadestan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Primitive (last census: Top 1%).
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, the giraffe is protected from hunting and slowly coming back from the brink of extinction.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, retired racing giraffes are served truffles for breakfast.
- 5 days ago: Spadestan was endorsed by The Bule in Java of McMasterdonia.
- 5 days ago: Spadestan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Luna Amore".
Endorsements Received: 99 » Yaorozu, Grosseschnauzer, Oneofakynd, Anarcosyndiclic Peons, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, Herzliyya, Pasargad, Former English Colony, Ischaemia, Selfgradatude, God n Country n Byron, Democatic Donkeys, Ermarian, Democratic Republic of England, Mandexia, Calamazo, Zeroxis, Nphyx, Finely Unionized Network, HMS Unicorn, The Teddy, Framhaven, Arcadiom, EretzIsrael, New Absurdistan, Eumbner, Kitabo, Assorted sucrose-based lifeforms, Abacathea, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Lokarth, Quasaria, Great Bights Mum, NabMex, Indonesa, Malvad, United Chinese Republics, Kialga-Lourti, Unified Wessex, Sheldanada, General COE, The Lancerian Empire, Eglise Sainte Eve, New Sekai, SillyString, The A9, Gilmour, Sadakoyama, Neu-Klagenfurt, and 49 others.Territorio di Nessuno, Falapatorius, Republic of Destiny, Chisholm, Merdir, Obliterania, Pakistan 001, Volande, Vuzalex, Grobbiland, Ceto, Schamun, Puerto Rican Independent Republic, The Kingdom of Earhart, Eumenor, Liberitad, Daedric Stellar Empire, Bacon Kingdom, Augustla, Domitia, Chandranovsk, Glupistan, Gangsta Weasels, Haut Beuxeroix, Republique autonome du Beuxeroy, Mica Land, Venezuelia, United Alvia, DEVILS HELL, Avalon, The most glorious nation of orp, Whale Republic, CloudBase, Radlef, Trivida, Ferdinana, Plembobria, Asgain Colony, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Unimaginable Doom, Pumpkin Spice, Zemnaya Svoboda, Bustos-CAM Inc, Belschaft, NOFREEDOMZONE, McMasterdonia, Coristoga, Guslantis, and Lunis.