“Live and let live, but don't let the bailifs in.”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Most Serene Republic of Spadestan is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 11.378 billion Spadestanians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Spadestan City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 86%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Book Publishing and Gambling.
Anyone who so much as frowns is referred to a mental health unit, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes, and the fire protection service is wholly government-funded. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Spadestan's national animal is the giraffe, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Spendme.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 100 minutes ago: Spadestan was endorsed by The Federation of United Chinese Republics.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Spadestan was endorsed by The Great Isle of Malvad.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Spadestan was endorsed by The Economic Democracy of New Charlzilla.
- 7 days ago: Spadestan was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Fresley.
- 8 days ago: Spadestan was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Stuzemstazem.
- 9 days ago: Spadestan was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Capitalist Paradise".
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Spadestan, anyone who so much as frowns is referred to a mental health unit.
Endorsements Received: 65 » Yaorozu, Groovistan, Grosseschnauzer, Oneofakynd, Anarcosyndiclic Peons, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, Herzliyya, Pasargad, Former English Colony, Ischaemia, Andromeda Islands, Selfgradatude, Blackshear41, God n Country n Byron, Democatic Donkeys, Ermarian, Magonia, Oilgarchy, Democratic Republic of England, McMasterdonia, Ator People, Mandexia, Fourth, Calamazo, Zeroxis, Nphyx, Finely Unionized Network, HMS Unicorn, Macworld, The Teddy, Olvern, Alunya, Framhaven, Kiwitaicho, Arcadiom, EretzIsrael, New Absurdistan, Eumbner, Kitabo, Assorted sucrose-based lifeforms, Abacathea, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Lokarth, Kevaren, Lionia, Esponnise, Austro-Hungarian federation, Varovanjov, Mwaoam, and 15 others.Quasaria, Bristol C, Great Bights Mum, NabMex, Flutiestan, Indonesa, Conoha, Kroassant, Yakzistan, Territorio di Nessuno, Orinta, Fresley, New Charlzilla, Malvad, and United Chinese Republics.