The Holy Empire of Spadanera is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Timothy Leary with an iron fist, and notable for its public floggings, anti-smoking policies, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 8.024 billion Spadanerdies are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government is primarily concerned with Education, with Industry, Social Policy, and Defense also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ruins of Greatness. The average income tax rate is 29.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Spadanerdy economy, worth a remarkable 1,122 trillion Tokes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Gambling, and Retail. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 139,893 Tokes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Warfare increasingly resembles a video game, votes of no confidence regularly remove unwanted MPs, the newly revamped army is so eager for action that it has trouble keeping the peace, and there is a dearth of space for new houses. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Spadanera's national animal is the Dead Puppy, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Holy Agnosticism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Spadanera was endorsed by The Island Paradise of Hawalius.
- : Spadanera fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Primitive.
- : Spadanera was endorsed by The Queendom of Mystiquelle.
- : Spadanera was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Coreras.
- : Spadanera was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Iluuz.
- : Spadanera was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Carthosha.
- : Spadanera was endorsed by The Radiant Ascendance of Onarii.
- : Spadanera was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Following new legislation in Spadanera, there is a dearth of space for new houses.
- : Following new legislation in Spadanera, the newly revamped army is so eager for action that it has trouble keeping the peace.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Old Atlantica, Randomain, Cardini, Perzische Keizer, Collective Society of Clementi, The Soylent Green Party, Wailfolk, Seranis, The imperial state of Japan, Blogotopia, Earth Federation, Drakkar Unitary Absolutist, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, Zeganas, Hellazar, Ilha Rongo Koa, Samonaemia, Saint Laura Islands, Mitoland, Colonel Terrosit, Candlewhisper Archive, The Iron Crown Order, Kevnaria, Testa, Manlinesslavia, Bonfistan, Kelvaros Prime, Tzo, Dustwind, Slaytania, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Wolfhunters, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, Germanic and Jewish people, Lady of the light, The Tasmanian Islands, The United Dog Days Providence, Urinai, De Danann, Grungerock, Achiotopia, Screaming Saint, Steidenland, Chronopolice, Denly, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Zyrcrestia, Paffnia, Samanar, Siuts, and 9 others.Kokkinostan, FreeGunsForAll, Digatoria, Onarii, Carthosha, Iluuz, Coreras, Mystiquelle, and Hawalius.