“To Good Communism!”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Soviet Union
The Industrial Communist Empire of Soviet Remnants is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by The Premier with an iron fist, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 11.321 billion Soviet Remnantsians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Moscow. The average income tax rate is 100%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing.
Teenage fathers are forced to join the army, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions, new religious sects are squashed immediately by the government, and houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Soviet Remnants's national animal is the Soviet Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is The cult of the Premier, and its currency is the Gold Ruble Standard.
Soviet Remnants is ranked 4,177th in the world for Largest Welfare Programs, scoring 132 on the Safety Net Mesh Density Rating.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 minute ago
- 2 minutes ago: Soviet Remnants altered its national flag.
- 6 minutes ago: Soviet Remnants was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Psychotic Dictatorship".
- 6 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Soviet Remnants, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries.
- 6 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Soviet Remnants, new religious sects are squashed immediately by the government.
- 6 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Soviet Remnants, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions.
- 6 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Soviet Remnants, teenage fathers are forced to join the army.
- 6 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Soviet Remnants, the institution of marriage is held sacred and strictly enforced.
- 12 minutes ago: Soviet Remnants applied to join the World Assembly.
- 22 minutes ago: Soviet Remnants relocated from Balder to Soviet Union.
- 11 hours ago: Soviet Remnants was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.