“To Good Communism!”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Industrial Communist Empire of Soviet Remnants is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by The Premier with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 11.182 billion Soviet Remnantsians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Moscow. The average income tax rate is 100%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing.
Teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway, and Soviet Eagle is one of the most popular forenames in Soviet Remnants. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Soviet Remnants's national animal is the Soviet Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is The cult of the Premier, and its currency is the Gold Ruble Standard.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 19 hours ago
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Soviet Remnants fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 4 days ago: Soviet Remnants was refounded in Balder.
- 220 days ago: Soviet Remnants ceased to exist.
- 221 days ago: Soviet Remnants was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 221 days ago: Soviet Remnants was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 225 days ago: Soviet Remnants was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- 226 days ago: Soviet Remnants fell out of the regional Top 10% for Rudest Citizens.
- 235 days ago: Soviet Remnants was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 236 days ago: Soviet Remnants's influence in Soviet Union rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- 236 days ago: Soviet Remnants seized the position of Soviet Union WA Delegate from The Red Song of The Forest Lords.