“Alba gu brąth”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Workers Socialist Republic of Soviet New Scotland is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Premier Smith with a fair hand, and remarkable for its devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, intelligent population of 3.153 billion Scots are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Inverness. The average income tax rate is 90%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The nation has an international reputation for compassion, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, meat-eating is frowned upon, and Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Soviet New Scotland's national animal is the Stag, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the Leninmark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 hours ago
- 14 hours ago: Soviet New Scotland changed its national demonym to "Scot", its demonym adjective to "Scottish", and its nation type to "Workers Socialist Republic".
- 14 hours ago: Soviet New Scotland altered its national flag.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Soviet New Scotland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 4 days ago: Soviet New Scotland was refounded in Lazarus.
- 38 days ago: Soviet New Scotland ceased to exist.
- 40 days ago: Soviet New Scotland fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- 43 days ago: Soviet New Scotland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 52 days ago: Soviet New Scotland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 52 days ago: Soviet New Scotland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 55 days ago: Soviet New Scotland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).