The People's Republic of Soviet New Scotland is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Premier Smith with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.378 billion Scots are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Inverness. The average income tax rate is 93.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Scottish economy, worth 234 trillion Scottish Pounds a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 69,408 Scottish Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation has an international reputation for compassion, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, meat-eating is frowned upon, and Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Soviet New Scotland's national animal is the Unicron, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is not relevant as religion is banned.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 5 days ago: Soviet New Scotland changed its national faith to "not relevant as religion is banned".
- 11 days ago: Soviet New Scotland relocated from Osiris to The Internationale.
- 11 days ago: Soviet New Scotland changed its national faith to "does not exist as religion is banned".
- 11 days ago: Soviet New Scotland changed its national animal to "Unicron", its currency to "Scottish Pound", its faith to "banned", its motto to "Clasaichean-obrach den t-saoghail tig c˛mhla", and its nation type to "People's Republic".
- 11 days ago: Soviet New Scotland altered its national flag.
- 11 days ago: Soviet New Scotland was refounded in Osiris.
- 193 days ago: Soviet New Scotland ceased to exist.
- 194 days ago: Soviet New Scotland fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 197 days ago: Soviet New Scotland fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 202 days ago: Soviet New Scotland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens.