The Traveller of Southern McMasterdonia is a colossal, safe nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, frequent executions, and irreverence towards religion. The democratic population of 6.748 billion Southern McMasterdonians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imperial City. The average income tax rate is 41.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Southern McMasterdonian economy, worth 216 trillion Mcmaster Royals a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Furniture Restoration, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 32,031 Mcmaster Royals, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, Southern McMasterdonia has designated Imperial City as its capital city, and the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Southern McMasterdonia's national animal is the kangawollarcroc, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Southern McMasterdonia's influence in The Pollaetorian Guard fell from "Vassal" to "Minnow".
- : Southern McMasterdonia's influence in The Pollaetorian Guard rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- : Southern McMasterdonia relocated from Balder to The Pollaetorian Guard.
- : Southern McMasterdonia was refounded in Balder.
- : Southern McMasterdonia ceased to exist.
- : Southern McMasterdonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- : Southern McMasterdonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- : Southern McMasterdonia relocated from The Pollaetorian Guard to Unity.
- : Southern McMasterdonia's influence in The Pollaetorian Guard rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Southern McMasterdonia's influence in The Pollaetorian Guard fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".