The Traveller of Southern McMasterdonia is a colossal, safe nation, notable for its frequent executions, strictly enforced bedtime, and compulsory military service. The democratic population of 7.045 billion Southern McMasterdonians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imperial City. The average income tax rate is 41.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Southern McMasterdonian economy, worth 225 trillion Mcmaster Royals a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Furniture Restoration, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 32,031 Mcmaster Royals, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, Southern McMasterdonia has designated Imperial City as its capital city, and the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Southern McMasterdonia's national animal is the kangawollarcroc, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Southern McMasterdonia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Southern McMasterdonia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Southern McMasterdonia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Southern McMasterdonia relocated from Osiris to Lazarus.
- : Southern McMasterdonia was refounded in Osiris.
- : Southern McMasterdonia ceased to exist.
- : Southern McMasterdonia's influence in The Pollaetorian Guard fell from "Vassal" to "Minnow".
- : Southern McMasterdonia's influence in The Pollaetorian Guard rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- : Southern McMasterdonia relocated from Balder to The Pollaetorian Guard.
- : Southern McMasterdonia was refounded in Balder.