“Omg Zerg Rush !”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of South Skorm is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Lee Protoss with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.005 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Education, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tarsonis City. The average income tax rate is 3%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing industries.
Buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting, billions of South Skorms are being blown on orbital weapons development, and citizens recently voted in favour of declaring bubblewrap an 'abomination of nature'. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a problem, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. South Skorm's national animal is the The Zerg, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Starcraft, and its currency is the South Skorm.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 13 hours ago: South Skorm was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 13 hours ago: South Skorm was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- 4 days ago: South Skorm was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Mining Sector.
- 6 days ago: South Skorm was refounded in Lazarus.
- 21 days ago: South Skorm ceased to exist.
- 28 days ago: South Skorm's influence in Le FoPo Division rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- 30 days ago: South Skorm's influence in Le FoPo Division fell from "Diplomat" to "Envoy".
- 51 days ago: Following new legislation in South Skorm, citizens recently voted in favour of declaring bubblewrap an 'abomination of nature'.
- 51 days ago: Following new legislation in South Skorm, billions of South Skorms are being blown on orbital weapons development.
- 51 days ago: South Skorm was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed.