“God, Farmstock and my Right”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Commonwealth of South Cowland is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Ken with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 7.896 billion South Cowlandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cow City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 93%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Information Technology and Book Publishing.
Discarded pennies litter the streets, long arduous trials are held for the most trivial of offences, anyone who so much as frowns is referred to a mental health unit, and senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. South Cowland's national animal is the fox, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 5 hours ago
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in South Cowland, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour.
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in South Cowland, anyone who so much as frowns is referred to a mental health unit.
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in South Cowland, long arduous trials are held for the most trivial of offences.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: South Cowland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Capitalist Paradise".
- 3 days 5 hours ago: South Cowland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Legal Competence".
- 7 days ago: South Cowland was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Nolor.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in South Cowland, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in South Cowland, the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in South Cowland, travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in South Cowland, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers.
Endorsements Received: 52 » Alsted, Jenesia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Nou Occitania, Lexembourg, Stromia, Voxum Mortalum, Short shorts, Drenetharada, Beauvoir, Nuweland, Chiolena, Puerto Thelosia, Veeten Engines, The City-State of Vienna, Echo von Cotta, Outer Prussia, Ivernia, Kaiserusse, Sybaritic Socialists, Marmiedon, Multatuli, The Seven Provinces, Dauershire, Malacovia, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Tigyland, Jon4de85, Albertinum, Greater Konigsberg, Grasaland, Nova Prutenia, Foucaults garden, Novo Portugal, Monance, Vanbrugh, Each-Uisge, Welsh Valley, Lenis, The Roman Imperial Republic, Ecclestia, Athos and Byzantium, Unicorania, Norse German Federation, Horreum, Malavanya, Heusdendaal, Mount Liban, Pileusia, and 2 others.Zavalka, and Pantoufle.