The Ancient and Loyal Republic of South Boston Irishmen is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by President Michael Collins with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 17.698 billion Irishmenians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dublin City. The average income tax rate is 95.0%.
The strong South Boston Irishmenian economy, worth a remarkable 1,576 trillion euros a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 89,100 euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
People are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, getting an abortion takes less hassle than writing a letter, and skateparks can be found in every city. Crime is totally unknown. South Boston Irishmen's national animal is the jaguar, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : South Boston Irishmen was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Matrixulated.
- : South Boston Irishmen's influence in Spiritus rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : South Boston Irishmen was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : South Boston Irishmen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : South Boston Irishmen's influence in Spiritus rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : South Boston Irishmen was endorsed by The Dominion of Daziria.
- : South Boston Irishmen's influence in Spiritus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : South Boston Irishmen endorsed The Crashed Spaceship of The Salaxalans.
- : South Boston Irishmen was endorsed by The Crashed Spaceship of The Salaxalans.
- : South Boston Irishmen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.