|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: North Dakota
The Queen's State of Souris Hill is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 2.36 billion, 2.334 billion of whom are zombies, Souris Hillians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The minute government, or what there is of one, devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 11%. A large private sector is led by the Woodchip Exports industry, followed by Information Technology and Arms Manufacturing.
Euthanasia is legal, the government is avowedly atheist, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked. Crime is a serious problem. Souris Hill's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its currency is the betale.
Souris Hill is currently researching a cure.
Survival Rate: 0.16%
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 3 hours ago
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Souris Hill lodged a message on the North Dakota Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Souris Hill agreed to construct embassies between North Dakota and Parkerican Lands.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Souris Hill password-protected North Dakota.
- 8 days ago: Souris Hill was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 14 days ago: Souris Hill agreed to construct embassies between North Dakota and The Venn Imperium.
- 38 days ago: Souris Hill agreed to construct embassies between North Dakota and New York.
- 47 days ago: Souris Hill agreed to construct embassies between North Dakota and Chris puppet storage.
- 74 days ago: Souris Hill agreed to construct embassies between North Dakota and Vermont.
- 93 days ago: Souris Hill fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 112 days ago: Souris Hill's influence in North Dakota fell from "Hegemony" to "Dominator".