The Queen's State of Souris Hill is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 17.526 billion Souris Hillians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Law & Order, with Industry, Education, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Public Transport are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.6%.
The very strong Souris Hillian economy, worth 611 trillion betales a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is 34,888 betales, with the richest citizens earning 7.1 times as much as the poorest.
Euthanasia is legal, the government is avowedly atheist, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked. Crime is a problem. Souris Hill's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 6 days ago: Souris Hill updated the World Factbook entry in North Dakota.
- 6 days ago: Souris Hill proposed constructing embassies between North Dakota and The South.
- 23 days ago: Souris Hill agreed to construct embassies between North Dakota and Free State of Wisconsin.
- 49 days ago: Souris Hill agreed to construct embassies between North Dakota and Germanic Confederation.
- 93 days ago: Souris Hill agreed to construct embassies between North Dakota and Pacific Union.
- 94 days ago: Souris Hill altered the regional flag of North Dakota.
- 137 days ago: Souris Hill fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 169 days ago: Souris Hill removed regional password protection from North Dakota.
- 171 days ago: Souris Hill lodged a message on the North Dakota Regional Message Board.
- 171 days ago: Souris Hill agreed to construct embassies between North Dakota and Parkerican lands.