|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: North Dakota
The Queen's State of Souris Hill is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 17.029 billion Souris Hillians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Law & Order, although Industry, Education, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Public Transport receive no funds. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.6%.
The very strong Souris Hillian economy, worth 594 trillion betales a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is 34,888 betales, with the richest citizens earning 7.1 times as much as the poorest.
Euthanasia is legal, the government is avowedly atheist, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked. Crime is a problem. Souris Hill's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Souris Hill is ranked 3rd in North Dakota and 87,114th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with -4.7 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 9 days ago: Souris Hill agreed to construct embassies between North Dakota and Pacific Union.
- 10 days ago: Souris Hill altered the regional flag of North Dakota.
- 53 days ago: Souris Hill fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 84 days ago: Souris Hill removed regional password protection from North Dakota.
- 87 days ago: Souris Hill lodged a message on the North Dakota Regional Message Board.
- 87 days ago: Souris Hill agreed to construct embassies between North Dakota and Parkerican lands.
- 87 days ago: Souris Hill password-protected North Dakota.
- 94 days ago: Souris Hill was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 99 days ago: Souris Hill agreed to construct embassies between North Dakota and The Venn Imperium.
- 123 days ago: Souris Hill agreed to construct embassies between North Dakota and New York.