|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Queen's State of Sou Salva is a colossal, genial nation, remarkable for its strong anti-business policies. The compassionate, cynical population of 7.734 billion Sou Salvans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Social Welfare, although Law & Order and Healthcare are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 69%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Bicyclists are banned from major roads, the government is cracking down on subversive groups, phone taps are frequently carried out by the police, and none has been named as Sou Salva's national religion. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sou Salva's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is none, and its currency is the betale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 45 days ago
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Sou Salva was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 12 days ago: Sou Salva was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 5%).
- 17 days ago: Sou Salva was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 5%).
- 62 days ago: Sou Salva was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 64 days ago: Sou Salva was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 74 days ago: Sou Salva fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 82 days ago: Sou Salva was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 99 days ago: Sou Salva changed its national currency to "betale" and its nation type to "Queen's State".
- 117 days ago: Sou Salva was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 118 days ago: Sou Salva was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist.