“وفاداري و سعادت”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Kingdom of Sorgan is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by King Mirza II with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 10.433 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nysara. The average income tax rate is 59%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Book Publishing and Arms Manufacturing.
Builders spend more time negotiating "tasteful architecture" than on actual construction, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources, bloodthirsty zealots regularly participate in the Friday Night Stoning of Adulterers, and construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sorgan's national animal is the Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Islam, and its currency is the rial.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 99 minutes ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- 14 hours ago: Sorgan's influence in Valeria rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Avoided.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 7 days ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 10 days ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 11 days ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 14 days ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 15 days ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 15 days ago: Sorgan's influence in Valeria rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".