The State of Sorgan is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Wei Fang with an iron fist, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, strictly enforced bedtime, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 11.55 billion Shengeses are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sheng Kong. The average income tax rate is 15.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sorganian economy, worth a remarkable 1,990 trillion SK dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 172,340 SK dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons, strange lights seen in the sky are officially regarded as weather balloons or hoaxes and nothing else, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage, and military spending is on the increase. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sorgan's national animal is the Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Sorgan altered its national flag.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Sorgan changed its national capital to "Sheng Kong", its currency to "SK dollar", its demonym to "Shengese", its leader to "Wei Fang", and its nation type to "State".
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Sorgan relocated from Osiris to Tiandi.
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Sorgan was refounded in Osiris.
- 121 days ago: Sorgan ceased to exist.
- 128 days ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 129 days ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- 129 days ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 130 days ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fattest Citizens.