“You're a louse, Roger Smith”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Shinji Ikari State of Sorgan is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Shinji Ikari with an iron fist, and notable for its parental licensing program. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 9.717 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shinji Ikari City. The average income tax rate is 47%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing industries.
Meat-eating is frowned upon, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Shinji Ikari City, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused, and college students sell their most valuable possessions just to afford pizza. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sorgan's national animal is the Shinji Ikari, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Shinji Ikarism, and its currency is the Shinji Ikari.
Most Recent Government Activity: 24 days ago
- 6 days ago: Sorgan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 6 days ago: Sorgan's influence in Lucerna fell from "Handshaker" to "Truckler".
- 11 days ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Godforsaken.
- 14 days ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 22 days ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fattest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 26 days ago: Sorgan's influence in Lucerna rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 28 days ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 30 days ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 36 days ago: Sorgan was struck by a Cure Missile from The Republic of Scisely, curing 1 million infected.
- 36 days ago: Sorgan was struck by a Cure Missile from The Beautiful Republic of Arumdaum, curing 1 million infected.