|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Confederacy of Sorgan is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Jai Patil with an iron fist, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 11.334 billion Sorganis are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Khanna. The average income tax rate is 65%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Book Publishing and Arms Manufacturing.
Rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons, strange lights seen in the sky are officially regarded as weather balloons or hoaxes and nothing else, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage, and military spending is on the increase. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sorgan's national animal is the Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is none, and its currency is the rial.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 hours ago
- 5 days ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 6 days ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 12 days ago: Sorgan fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 24 days ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 24 days ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 25 days ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 27 days ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 29 days ago: Sorgan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 34 days ago: Sorgan changed its national faith to "none" and its motto to ",,".