The Federative Noocracy of Solm is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Supreme Perspica John Hunt with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 13.399 billion Solmians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The medium-sized, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Corvian. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 55.1%.
The all-consuming Solmian economy, worth a remarkable 1,301 trillion Forns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 97,098 Forns, with the richest citizens earning 5.6 times as much as the poorest.
The nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Solm's national animal is the White Tiger, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Atheism de facto.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 hours ago
- 13 days ago: Solm's influence in Ellorea rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- 68 days ago: Solm lodged a message on the Ellorea Regional Message Board.
- 88 days ago: Solm lodged a message on the Ellorea Regional Message Board.
- 91 days ago: Solm lodged a message on the Ellorea Regional Message Board.
- 92 days ago: Solm lodged a message on the Ellorea Regional Message Board.
- 99 days ago: Solm was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 110 days ago: Solm was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- 126 days ago: Solm was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 161 days ago: Solm fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 167 days ago: Solm fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Avoided.