The United Commonwealth of Solleana is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by President Caleb with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 9.2 billion Solleananens are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Social Policy, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Orleans. The average income tax rate is 78.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Solleanan economy, worth a remarkable 1,248 trillion Commonwealth Dollars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 135,744 Commonwealth Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas, the government recently relinquished its monopoly on the mail service, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, and extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals. Crime is totally unknown. Solleana's national animal is the Solleananen Shepherd, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is freedom of religon.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Solleana, extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals.
- : Following new legislation in Solleana, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Solleana, the government recently relinquished its monopoly on the mail service.
- : Solleana was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Iridescent Pears.
- : Solleana was endorsed by The Republic of KoneBaung.
- : Solleana was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 5%).
- : Following new legislation in Solleana, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas.
- : Following new legislation in Solleana, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms.
- : Following new legislation in Solleana, artists are pillars of society.
- : Solleana voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The World Assembly".
Endorsements Received: 104 » Earth Federation, Dustwind, Seranis, Onarii, Hacame, Tzo, Robloxica, Achiotopia, Christian Indonesia, Port-du-sud, Lebenlauf, Rex Republic, Jamestonian Empire, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Snoozing Buffalax, United Governments of Newrope, Silvermain, Wolfhunters, The imperial state of Japan, Kievskaya, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, Kelvinski, Screaming Saint, Slaytania, Randomain, Zaqaz Death, The Soylent Green Party, Souvlaki, Boxner, Grungerock, Zachais, Steidenland, Iontan, Testa, Coreras, Mystiquelle, Gitchie Manito, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Beiluxia, FreeGunsForAll, Puerto Barrio, Kokkinostan, Palestinal, Samonaemia, Nojia, Blogotopia, Creeptopia, Fujisan, Zyrcrestia, Spearo, and 54 others.Denly, Pacific Commonwealth, Pilrimania, Weaubleau, New Quantopia, Kevnaria, The United Dog Days Providence, Zeganas, Ilha Rongo Koa, CzechoAmerican, Germanahii, Zeklandia, The Republic of lkxciv, Wysrod, Othan, Linkdahero, Knockturn Alley, Slowmeadow, Great-Bohemia, Aipotu Ruo, Old Atlantica, Xalon, American Republic of Independent States, Vinnybotz, Palaiologos II, New Katamenia, The west marches, Manlinesslavia, Nortelleve, The Scottish and English Kingdom, Loviny, Weedelia, Lesboes, Bobnosn, M e m e, Atlanta Island, Forkbeardland, Pavaro, Samanar, Leucol, AmericaIS THE BEST, Khartago, New Icelandic Republic, Palman, Lamborghini Murcielago, Liwataupia, Isealar, South Baker, The Peach Islands, Paffnia, Drakkar Unitary Absolutist, Chronopolice, KoneBaung, and Iridescent Pears.