The Peopledom of Soem is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Pyt Snarkulton with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, ubiquitous missile silos, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 19.704 billion Soemeosy have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Welfare, and Public Transport are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 17.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Soemeon economy, worth a remarkable 2,031 trillion Ideas a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 103,116 Ideas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill, all guns must be registered, truncheon-mounted cameras record the beating of criminals in dynamic HD detail, and public incontinence is a growing problem amongst the nation's women. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Soem's national animal is the Snark, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Soem, public incontinence is a growing problem amongst the nation's women.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, truncheon-mounted cameras record the beating of criminals in dynamic HD detail.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, all guns must be registered.
- : Soem voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn DEN"".
- : Following new legislation in Soem, teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, armed police units patrol the roads late at night.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, the arms industry is strictly regulated.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, companies struggle to cover for the hordes of employees on parental leave.
Endorsements Received: 60 » Fudgetopia, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Yeses, Darakin, Lakarian, Theorin, Bear Connors Paradiso, The Bloodguard, Tsunamy, Kiasu-ism, Cape Adare, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Drugged Monkeys, The Solar System Scope, Ancient Slobovia, Seliyan progressive Islands, SJS Republic, Crusader Imperium, Lolochie, Great Scapula, Francesad, Zadiner, Hamidson, Bugmalandia, Farengeto, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Farelonia, Belschaft, Quiescent, Extremely Democratic People, Lambily, Tananat, Trollmel, Opimo, Catochristoferson, Denguemark, Shadman Equebal, Bonaugure, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Frestovenia, Eastern Copek, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, Opplandia, Renovada, Nasritopia, Nooooooooooooooope, Trelatche, Yardos, and 10 others.New Lancre, Ownzone, DontStarve, Monkstar, Lantica, Soviet El Paso, His Imperial Holiness Konrad, Percdon, Gothamopulis, and Aystralia.