The Peopledom of Soem is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Pyt Snarkulton with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, ubiquitous missile silos, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 19.841 billion Soemeosy enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Welfare, and Public Transport are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. The average income tax rate is 25.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Soemeon economy, worth a remarkable 2,096 trillion Ideas a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 105,654 Ideas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Pyt Snarkulton's peyote-induced "let's all just be friends" speech is trending world-wide, artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings, the state considers itself the 'third parent' of every child in the nation, and a performance of the hit musical "Mamma Tua" has been delayed after squatters were found sleeping in the orchestra pit. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Soem's national animal is the Snark, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Soem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Statelessness".
- : Following new legislation in Soem, a performance of the hit musical "Mamma Tua" has been delayed after squatters were found sleeping in the orchestra pit.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, the state considers itself the 'third parent' of every child in the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, Pyt Snarkulton's peyote-induced "let's all just be friends" speech is trending world-wide.
- : Soem voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Invaders".
- : Following new legislation in Soem, t-shirts displaying a photo of Pyt Snarkulton performing the Full-Monty are selling out.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling".
- : Soem was endorsed by The Republic of Thomas Sargent.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.
Endorsements Received: 62 » Fudgetopia, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Darakin, Lakarian, Theorin, Bear Connors Paradiso, The Bloodguard, Tsunamy, Kiasu-ism, Cape Adare, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Drugged Monkeys, The Solar System Scope, Ancient Slobovia, Seliyan progressive Islands, SJS Republic, Crusader Imperium, Lolochie, Great Scapula, Francesad, Zadiner, Hamidson, Bugmalandia, Farengeto, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Farelonia, Belschaft, Quiescent, Extremely Democratic People, Lambily, Tananat, Trollmel, Opimo, Catochristoferson, Shadman Equebal, Bonaugure, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Frestovenia, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, Renovada, Nasritopia, Trelatche, Yardos, New Lancre, Ownzone, DontStarve, Monkstar, Lantica, and 12 others.Soviet El Paso, Percdon, Gothamopulis, Aystralia, Sierra Lobo, Kingdom of Penem, Australian Republic, Esu19, FreeFishers, Sup bud, Tibrilyar, and Anapol.