The Peopledom of Soem is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Pyt Snarkulton with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 18.947 billion Soemeosy are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Public Transport, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 4.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Soemeon economy, worth a remarkable 1,746 trillion Ideas a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 92,190 Ideas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Soem's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, the rich are forced to sell their cars to pay for more police to prevent their cars from being stolen, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, and companies flee the nation rather than pay their fair share of taxes. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Soem's national animal is the Snark, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Soem, companies flee the nation rather than pay their fair share of taxes.
- : Soem was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Soem, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, the rich are forced to sell their cars to pay for more police to prevent their cars from being stolen.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, Soem's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region.
- : Soem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Animal Abuse".
- : Soem voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Hell".
- : Following new legislation in Soem, the law is more interested in punishing crime than preventing it.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, the government is spending millions on alternative clean-burning fuels.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, the nation leads the South Pacific in per capita stalking.
Endorsements Received: 66 » Fudgetopia, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Yeses, Darakin, Lakarian, Theorin, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, Bear Connors Paradiso, Sierra Lobo, The Bloodguard, Tsunamy, Kiasu-ism, Cape Adare, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Drugged Monkeys, The Solar System Scope, Ancient Slobovia, Seliyan progressive Islands, Carpat, SJS Republic, Astreos, Crusader Imperium, Liberum Hominis in Terra, Havenwelle, Lolochie, Domzona, Toucanbay, Great Scapula, Eta carina 2, Hjernaruzi, Francesad, Zadiner, Hamidson, Lotharonia, Bugmalandia, Farengeto, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Farelonia, Belschaft, Civitopia, Quiescent, Extremely Democratic People, Lambily, Tananat, Imkitopia, Railana, Trollmel, Opimo, and 16 others.Techganet, Catochristoferson, Yemassee, Denguemark, Umberton, The International Knights, Shadman Equebal, Bonaugure, Tazbania, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Frestovenia, Roavin, Eastern Copek, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, Opplandia, and Renovada.