The Peopledom of Soem is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Pyt Snarkulton with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, humorless population of 17.155 billion Soemeosy enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Public Transport, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 89.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Soemeon economy, worth a remarkable 1,421 trillion Ideas a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Gambling industry. Average income is 82,840 Ideas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Loans are available for students from poor families, a nation-wide cull of Snarks is in effect, the police have been reduced to using duct tape instead of handcuffs following further cutbacks, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Soem's national animal is the Snark, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Soem, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, the police have been reduced to using duct tape instead of handcuffs following further cutbacks.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, a nation-wide cull of Snarks is in effect.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, loans are available for students from poor families.
- : Soem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Space Administration"".
- : Soem voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Space Administration"".
- : Soem was endorsed by The Holidays in July of Feirmont.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, new urban roads are threatening city parks.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, the government's new 'Crime Can Fight Itself' policy appears to be backfiring rather badly.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Fudgetopia, Bergenu, Gauthier, Curlyhoward, Yeses, Darakin, Lakarian, Theorin, Kholdan, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, Rockchester, Bear Connors Paradiso, Sierra Lobo, The Bloodguard, Kringalia, Kien Truong, Brutland and Norden, Tsunamy, Kiasu-ism, Cape Adare, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Auxha, Karatengisa, Drugged Monkeys, Aschenburg, Sandaoguo, Edgardian Empire, PenguinPies, Haldilwe, The Solar System Scope, Caasd, Ancient Slobovia, Escade, Novo England, Seliyan progressive Islands, Carpat, SJS Republic, Bonaugure, Brimain, Astreos, Hileville, Punchwood, Northern Copek, Crusader Imperium, Newstro, and Feirmont.