The Peopledom of Soem is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Pyt Snarkulton with an even hand, and notable for its rum-swilling pirates, keen interest in outer space, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate population of 19.144 billion Soemeosy have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Welfare, and Public Transport also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 5.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Soemeon economy, worth a remarkable 1,796 trillion Ideas a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 93,851 Ideas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Every workday begins with group therapy, the police crack down on tax evaders without mercy, birth rates have hit an all-time low, and Soem City's main city thoroughfare has been blocked by a row of leyland cypresses that mysteriously appeared overnight. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Soem's national animal is the Snark, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Soem, Soem City's main city thoroughfare has been blocked by a row of leyland cypresses that mysteriously appeared overnight.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, the police crack down on tax evaders without mercy.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, every workday begins with group therapy.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, stylish juvenile delinquents are highly overrepresented in fatal motorcycle accidents.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, invading armies are given hard glares for their cheek.
- : Soem was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
Endorsements Received: 65 » Fudgetopia, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Yeses, Darakin, Lakarian, Theorin, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, Bear Connors Paradiso, Sierra Lobo, The Bloodguard, Tsunamy, Kiasu-ism, Cape Adare, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Drugged Monkeys, The Solar System Scope, Ancient Slobovia, Seliyan progressive Islands, Carpat, SJS Republic, Crusader Imperium, Liberum Hominis in Terra, Havenwelle, Lolochie, Toucanbay, Great Scapula, Eta carina 2, Hjernaruzi, Francesad, Zadiner, Hamidson, Bugmalandia, Farengeto, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Farelonia, Belschaft, Quiescent, Extremely Democratic People, Lambily, Tananat, Railana, Trollmel, Opimo, Techganet, Catochristoferson, Denguemark, The International Knights, Shadman Equebal, and 15 others.Bonaugure, Tazbania, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Frestovenia, Roavin, Eastern Copek, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, Opplandia, Renovada, Nasritopia, Exeggutor, Nooooooooooooooope, Trelatche, Yardos, and Musulhara.