The Peopledom of Soem is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Pyt Snarkulton with an even hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, unlimited-speed roads, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate population of 18.792 billion Soemeosy have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Welfare, and Public Transport are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 2.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Soemeon economy, worth a remarkable 1,634 trillion Ideas a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 86,988 Ideas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The airship business has been driven out of the country by strict regulations and high fines, political satirists and late night comedians weep as the government begins cleaning up its act, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, and listless juries are assembled for the simplest of court cases. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Soem's national animal is the Snark, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Soem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Vancouvia".
- : Following new legislation in Soem, listless juries are assembled for the simplest of court cases.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, political satirists and late night comedians weep as the government begins cleaning up its act.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, the airship business has been driven out of the country by strict regulations and high fines.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods.
- : Soem was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Soem voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preservation of Artefacts"".
- : Following new legislation in Soem, Snark is one of the most popular forenames in Soem.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, self-driving cars have been banned.
Endorsements Received: 65 » Fudgetopia, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Yeses, Darakin, Lakarian, Theorin, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, Bear Connors Paradiso, Sierra Lobo, The Bloodguard, Tsunamy, Kiasu-ism, Cape Adare, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Drugged Monkeys, The Solar System Scope, Ancient Slobovia, Novo England, Seliyan progressive Islands, Carpat, SJS Republic, Bonaugure, Astreos, Crusader Imperium, Liberum Hominis in Terra, Havenwelle, Lolochie, Domzona, Toucanbay, Great Scapula, Eta carina 2, Hjernaruzi, Francesad, Valklann, Zadiner, Hamidson, Lotharonia, Bugmalandia, Mughul, FeSterben, Farengeto, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Thalasse, Pysia, Farelonia, Belschaft, Civitopia, Quiescent, and 15 others.Extremely Democratic People, Lambily, Tananat, Imkitopia, Railana, Trollmel, Opimo, Techganet, Catochristoferson, Yemassee, Denguemark, Umberton, The International Knights, Commenwealth games, and Shadman Equebal.