“Cap the rich assitax 11.1'% top 11; 1.1'% next 100 etc.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: the South Pacific
The Peopledom of Soem is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Peyt Snarkleton with an even hand, and remarkable for its national health service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 12.349 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and the Environment. The average income tax rate is 50%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Long arduous trials are held for the most trivial of offences, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, citizens may cast their vote over the internet or phone, and extreme political groups are outlawed. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Soem's national animal is the Snark, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Idea.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 7 hours ago
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Soem, extreme political groups are outlawed.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Soem, citizens may cast their vote over the internet or phone.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Soem, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Soem, long arduous trials are held for the most trivial of offences.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Soem, Soem's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Soem, Max Barry is this year's Miss Soem.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Soem, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste.
- 4 days ago: Soem was endorsed by The Extremely Grumpy Guys of The Bloodguard.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Soem, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Soem, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates.
Endorsements Received: 71 (Fudgetopia, Brutland and Norden, The Cruel Pirates, Bergenu, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Tuchuk, Gauthier, Curlyhoward, Zakanda, Starhunter, Pamela And Hepatitis, Yeses, Darakin, Lakarian, Theorin, Aspatia, KLK, Lord Booze, Brittany the Great, Dingers, Kholdan, Chrisania, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, Unionized America, Jukenia, Revolutionary Aincrad, Kevarado, Nobody Home, Valens Ursidae, Neo-Tesla, Crapotopia, Arcadia Austral, Hileville, South Pacific Belschaft, Southern Bellz, Drugged Monkeys, Royeaux, The HEM, Sheepatropolis, Michu, Aramanchovia, Vulkanus, Isle of Harris, Andermanni, Radole, Mavenu, Rockchester, Nonce Rho, Dovanet, El Moriyana, The Legit Republic of Blanketsburg, Antariel, Mithres, --TAO--, Bear Connors Paradiso, The Fancy Republic of Zombie Napoleon, El Markus, Meddigo, Tenir, Nibitorius, Korodas, Terraberg, JohnnyandtheContusions, Sierra Lobo, Naaa, Liberatia, Sir Beltz, Rebel-topia of the South Pacific, Pugs Only, Bobs raider puppet, The Bloodguard)