The Protectorate of Sockpuppetistan is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Mister Sock with an iron fist, and remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, compulsory military service, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 10.186 billion Sockpuppetistanians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sockland Fun Park. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Sockpuppetistanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,432 trillion Socks a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 140,594 Socks, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 592,800 per year while the poor average 21,606, a ratio of 27.4 to 1.
Priceless Maxtopian artwork can often be found in executive bathrooms, Information Technology facilities are being turned into Ninja habitats, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway, and visions of giant pink Ninjas are a common side effect after Sockpuppetistanians eat their meals. Crime is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Sockpuppetistan's national animal is the Ninja, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is The Church of the Holey Sock.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sockpuppetistan's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Sockpuppetistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies and the Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements, Most Advanced Defense Forces, and Largest Black Market.
- : Sockpuppetistan relocated from Balder to The South Pacific.
- : Sockpuppetistan was refounded in Balder.
- : Sockpuppetistan ceased to exist.
- : Sockpuppetistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Sockpuppetistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Sockpuppetistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Devout.
- : Following new legislation in Sockpuppetistan, visions of giant pink Ninjas are a common side effect after Sockpuppetistanians eat their meals.
- : Sockpuppetistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.