“Peaceful, loving people against brutality.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Free Land of SOAD Music is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Serj Tankian with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 13.007 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Welfare. The average income tax rate is 90%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed, travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies, the new hit series "SOAD Music's Got Trauma" has corporate executives fleeing the country, and anti-government web sites are springing up. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a problem, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. SOAD Music's national animal is the lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the dram.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 15 days ago: SOAD Music was endorsed by The Queendom of Ayunli.
- 20 days ago: SOAD Music was endorsed by The Free Land of Shenanigans.
- 21 days ago: SOAD Music was endorsed by The Anarchy of Blogotopia.
- 47 days ago: SOAD Music was endorsed by The Republic of Ostroma.
- 69 days ago: SOAD Music was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Glaciacium.
- 71 days ago: SOAD Music was endorsed by The Serenity of Improving Wordiness.
- 73 days ago: SOAD Music was endorsed by The Big Bull of Woonsocket.
- 76 days ago: SOAD Music was endorsed by The People's Republic of The Laurentian Islands.
- 82 days ago: SOAD Music was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 82 days ago: SOAD Music was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.