“Peaceful, loving people against brutality.”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Free Land of SOAD Music is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Serj Tankian with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 14.773 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Welfare. The average income tax rate is 90%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, all beauty contests have been banned, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The SOAD Music City Times is sold out, and the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a serious problem, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. SOAD Music's national animal is the lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the dram.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 3 days 20 hours ago: SOAD Music was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Mondragonia.
- 6 days ago: SOAD Music was endorsed by The Taco Autocracy of Benevolent Thomas.
- 17 days ago: SOAD Music was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Capitalist Paradise".
- 20 days ago: SOAD Music was endorsed by The Wiki Reference of Indian Empire.
- 24 days ago: SOAD Music was endorsed by The Empire of ProgUtopia.
- 45 days ago: SOAD Music was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 5%).
- 46 days ago: SOAD Music fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 50 days ago: SOAD Music was endorsed by The Wiki Reference of Indian Empire.
- 52 days ago: SOAD Music was endorsed by The Peaceful Republic of Anollasia.
- 77 days ago: SOAD Music was endorsed by The Dominion of Thisbia.