The Sleepy Fellas of Slothia is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.594 billion sleepy fellas are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Slumber-upon-Bed. The average income tax rate is 98.1%.
The very strong Sleepy economy, worth 451 trillion Catmints a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is 98,218 Catmints, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Sleepy Babysitters Club has proven to be a huge relief to stressed-out parents across the nation, the art of conversation has been rediscovered, planespotters are emigrating in droves, and businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Slothia's national animal is the three-toed sloth, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Slothia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The World Assembly".
- : Following new legislation in Slothia, businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders.
- : Slothia was endorsed by The People's Republic of ConnorGillis.
- : Following new legislation in Slothia, planespotters are emigrating in droves.
- : Following new legislation in Slothia, the art of conversation has been rediscovered.
- : Slothia changed its national animal to "three-toed sloth", its currency to "Catmint", its motto to "O comfortable bird!", and its nation type to "Sleepy Fellas".
- : Following new legislation in Slothia, the Sleepy Babysitters Club has proven to be a huge relief to stressed-out parents across the nation.
- : Slothia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Proscription on Living Shields".
- : Slothia endorsed The Free Land of FAI-CNT Catalonia.
- : Slothia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Wallenburg".