|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The Democratic People's Republic of Slavestate is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Lord Kodos with an even hand, and notable for its parental licensing program, strictly enforced bedtime, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 24.432 billion Slavestateans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Slavestate City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but sluggish Slavestatean economy, worth a remarkable 3,099 trillion credits a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 126,868 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Only vaccinated citizens may have free healthcare, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, prices for nearly everything reach all time highs as business subsidies are discontinued, and the government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Slavestate's national animal is the hog, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 days ago
- 23 hours ago: Slavestate was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Devout.
- 1 day ago: Slavestate was ranked #1 in the region for Most Devout.
- 9 days ago: Slavestate was endorsed by The People's Republic of United Klotecnia.
- 16 days ago: Slavestate was endorsed by The Colony of Rastrania Akatsuki.
- 17 days ago: Slavestate's influence in USSR rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- 19 days ago: Slavestate endorsed The Public Domain of Khanatah.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Slavestate, the government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative.
- 31 days ago: Slavestate was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 10%).
- 33 days ago: Slavestate was endorsed by The Public Domain of Khanatah.
- 34 days ago: Following new legislation in Slavestate, prices for nearly everything reach all time highs as business subsidies are discontinued.
Endorsements Received: 15 » Greater Cuba, RedCommunist, Communist Bratislavia, Soviet Sovereignty, Northern Socialist States, Enclave of Soviet Germany, Yevraziya, Elwana, Prushia, New Terricon, Hvalfyurden, Korskha, Khanatah, Rastrania Akatsuki, and United Klotecnia.