The Democratic People's Republic of Slavestate is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Lord Kodos with an even hand, and remarkable for its strictly enforced bedtime, keen interest in outer space, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 24.618 billion Slavestateans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Slavestate City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but stagnant Slavestatean economy, worth a remarkable 2,359 trillion credits a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 95,840 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative, main battle tanks stalk the woods of Slavestate in search of hogs, inter-species marriages are ignored by the government, and public loudspeakers constantly tell citizens they are "happy people". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Slavestate's national animal is the hog, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Slavestate was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Slavestate was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Slavestate, public loudspeakers constantly tell citizens they are "happy people".
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Slavestate, inter-species marriages are ignored by the government.
- 8 days ago: Slavestate was endorsed by The Socialist Combine of Allancia.
- 8 days ago: Slavestate voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The New Inquisition".
- 8 days ago: Slavestate voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Power Safeguards Act".
- 10 days ago: Slavestate was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 10 days ago: Slavestate was ranked #1 in the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 12 days ago: Slavestate fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Godforsaken.
Endorsements Received: 15 » Greater Cuba, RedCommunist, Communist Bratislavia, Soviet Sovereignty, Northern Socialist States, Enclave of Soviet Germany, Yevraziya, Elwana, Prushia, New Terricon, Hvalfyurden, Korskha, Khanatah, Rastrania Akatsuki, and Allancia.