The Democratic People's Republic of Slavestate is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Felix Dzerzhinsky with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, keen interest in outer space, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 27.13 billion Slavestateans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Slavestate City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Slavestatean economy, worth a remarkable 4,950 trillion credits a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 182,487 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The once prosperous capital is in utter decline, discarded pennies litter the streets, inter-species marriages are ignored by the government, and pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Slavestate's national animal is the hog, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Slavestate, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Slavestate, inter-species marriages are ignored by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Slavestate, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- : Following new legislation in Slavestate, the once prosperous capital is in utter decline.
- : Slavestate voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Arms Transfers".
- : Following new legislation in Slavestate, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing.
- : Following new legislation in Slavestate, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list.
- : Slavestate voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Thomas Branson III".
- : Slavestate voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Law Enforcement Education".
- : Slavestate was endorsed by The Federation of The First Federation of Solidarity.
Endorsements Received: 17 » Hvalfyurden, Sovietzky Soyuz, Soviet Polsol, Enclave of Soviet Germany, Korskha, Marthuania, Jamstown, Allancia, Greater Cuba, Old-Britannia, Yevraziya, Dudaev, Communist Bratislavia, Khanatah, Communistis factas publicae Roma, Terricon, and Bernarus.