The Democratic People's Republic of Slavestate is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Lord Kodos with an even hand, and notable for its strictly enforced bedtime, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 25.934 billion Slavestateans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Slavestate City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but stagnant Slavestatean economy, worth a remarkable 2,684 trillion credits a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 103,529 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless, only fully-fledged members of MENSA are allowed to vote, waste is frequently shipped to other countries, and protests are legal but strictly supervised. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Slavestate's national animal is the hog, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Slavestate voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The World Assembly".
- : Slavestate voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Proscription on Living Shields".
- : Following new legislation in Slavestate, protests are legal but strictly supervised.
- : Following new legislation in Slavestate, waste is frequently shipped to other countries.
- : Following new legislation in Slavestate, only fully-fledged members of MENSA are allowed to vote.
- : Following new legislation in Slavestate, citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless.
- : Slavestate endorsed The Unie van Sovjetrepublieken of Hvalfyurden.
- : Slavestate endorsed The Socialist Republic of Soviet Polsol.
- : Slavestate voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Kknight".
- : Slavestate was endorsed by The Unie van Sovjetrepublieken of Hvalfyurden.
Endorsements Received: 12 » Greater Cuba, RedCommunist, Northern Socialist States, Enclave of Soviet Germany, Yevraziya, Korskha, Khanatah, Rastrania Akatsuki, Arioslavia, Comma, Soviet Polsol, and Hvalfyurden.