The Democratic People's Republic of Slavestate is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Felix Dzerzhinsky with an even hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, suspicion of poets, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 26.628 billion Slavestateans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Slavestate City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but sluggish Slavestatean economy, worth a remarkable 3,814 trillion credits a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 143,245 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Suburban backyards are seized by the government and turned into national parks, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing, homes have been banned from having any more than one wheel, and Slavestate is notorious for its citizens' infidelity. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Slavestate's national animal is the hog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Slavestate was endorsed by The Public Domain of Khanatah.
- : Slavestate was endorsed by The Soviet Socialist Republic of Communist Bratislavia.
- : Slavestate was endorsed by The Soviet Socialist Republic of Dudaev.
- : Slavestate was endorsed by The Soviet Socialist Republic of Yevraziya.
- : Slavestate was endorsed by The Empire of Old-Britannia.
- : Slavestate was endorsed by The Great Scientific Polity of Greater Cuba.
- : Slavestate was endorsed by The Greater Empire of Allancia.
- : Slavestate was endorsed by The Union of Jamstown.
- : Slavestate was endorsed by The Federation of Marthuania.
- : Slavestate was endorsed by The Socialist Kingdom of Korskha.
Endorsements Received: 14 » Hvalfyurden, Sovietzky Soyuz, Soviet Polsol, Enclave of Soviet Germany, Korskha, Marthuania, Jamstown, Allancia, Greater Cuba, Old-Britannia, Yevraziya, Dudaev, Communist Bratislavia, and Khanatah.