The Democratic People's Republic of Slavestate is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Lord Kodos with an even hand, and notable for its parental licensing program, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 25.363 billion Slavestateans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Slavestate City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but stagnant Slavestatean economy, worth a remarkable 2,116 trillion credits a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 83,464 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Army rations are served on silver platters, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways, Lord Kodos panders to nontraditional families, and businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Slavestate's national animal is the hog, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Slavestate, businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Slavestate, Lord Kodos panders to nontraditional families.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Slavestate, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Slavestate, army rations are served on silver platters.
- 5 days ago: Slavestate voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Congress of Armed Proletarian States"".
- 5 days ago: Slavestate voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Power Safeguards Act"".
- 5 days ago: Slavestate endorsed The Federative Soviet Republics of Comma.
- 6 days ago: Slavestate was endorsed by The Federative Soviet Republics of Comma.
- 9 days ago: Slavestate was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- 9 days ago: Slavestate was ranked #1 in the region for Most Inclusive.
Endorsements Received: 12 » Greater Cuba, RedCommunist, Northern Socialist States, Enclave of Soviet Germany, Yevraziya, Prushia, Hvalfyurden, Korskha, Khanatah, Rastrania Akatsuki, Arioslavia, and Comma.