The Democratic People's Republic of Slavestate is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Felix Dzerzhinsky with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, sprawling nuclear power plants, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 27.632 billion Slavestateans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Slavestate City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Slavestatean economy, worth a remarkable 4,417 trillion credits a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 159,855 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Many aides in Felix Dzerzhinsky's office are known to be serial jaywalkers, the average cargo freighter spends more than half its service life undergoing safety inspections, the government regularly publishes lengthy reports on its own excessive recordkeeping, and mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Slavestate's national animal is the hog, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Slavestate was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Slavestate was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Slavestate, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined.
- : Following new legislation in Slavestate, the government regularly publishes lengthy reports on its own excessive recordkeeping.
- : Slavestate voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Digital Network Defense".
- : Slavestate's influence in USSR rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Following new legislation in Slavestate, the average cargo freighter spends more than half its service life undergoing safety inspections.
- : Following new legislation in Slavestate, many aides in Felix Dzerzhinsky's office are known to be serial jaywalkers.
- : Slavestate voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preventing Animal Abuse"".
- : Following new legislation in Slavestate, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders.
Endorsements Received: 14 » Hvalfyurden, Sovietzky Soyuz, Soviet Polsol, Enclave of Soviet Germany, Korskha, Marthuania, Allancia, Greater Cuba, Old-Britannia, Yevraziya, Dudaev, Communist Bratislavia, Khanatah, and Bernarus.