“It's a RUM business”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Keg-parachuting Cargo Planes of SkyRUM is a colossal, devout nation, ruled by Baba Rum Dass with an even hand, and remarkable for its strong anti-business policies. The compassionate, intelligent population of 6.456 billion SkyRUMmies enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of SkyRUM City. The average income tax rate is 51%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Information Technology.
UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government, military funding has been stripped back, and it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws. Crime is totally unknown. SkyRUM's national animal is the Flying St Bernard, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the Floating Keg.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 8 days ago: SkyRUM altered its national flag.
- 8 days ago: SkyRUM lodged a message on the SkyRUM Regional Message Board.
- 8 days ago: SkyRUM relocated from Osiris to SkyRUM.
- 8 days ago: SkyRUM was refounded in Osiris.
- 23 days ago: SkyRUM ceased to exist.
- 42 days ago: SkyRUM was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 51 days ago: SkyRUM agreed to construct embassies between SkyRUM and Woodstock.
- 51 days ago: SkyRUM lodged a message on the SkyRUM Regional Message Board.
- 58 days ago: SkyRUM's influence in SkyRUM rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- 61 days ago: SkyRUM's influence in SkyRUM fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".