“It's a RUM business”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Enforcer
The Keg-parachuting Cargo Planes of SkyRUM is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Baba Rum Dass with an even hand, and remarkable for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 5.657 billion enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of SkyRUM City. The average income tax rate is 51%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Information Technology.
UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government, military funding has been stripped back, and it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws. Crime is totally unknown. SkyRUM's national animal is the Flying St Bernard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Floating Keg.
Most Recent Government Activity: 26 days ago
- 4 days ago: SkyRUM fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 10 days ago: SkyRUM's influence in SkyRUM fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- 21 days ago: SkyRUM was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 25 days ago: SkyRUM was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 26 days ago: SkyRUM lodged a message on the SkyRUM Regional Message Board.
- 27 days ago: SkyRUM was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 5%).
- 36 days ago: SkyRUM updated the World Factbook entry in SkyRUM.
- 36 days ago: SkyRUM lodged a message on the SkyRUM Regional Message Board.
- 36 days ago: SkyRUM altered its national flag.
- 36 days ago: SkyRUM relocated from Balder to SkyRUM.