The Keg-parachuting Cargo Planes of SkyRUM is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Baba Rum Dass with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.47 billion SkyRUMmies enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of SkyRUM City. The average income tax rate is 61.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The SkyRUMian economy, worth 435 trillion Floating Kegs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Cheese Exports industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Pizza Delivery, and Trout Farming. Average income is 58,360 Floating Kegs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government, military funding has been stripped back, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, and the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction. Crime is totally unknown. SkyRUM's national animal is the Flying St Bernard, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 11 days ago: SkyRUM's influence in SkyRUM rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- 15 days ago: SkyRUM's influence in SkyRUM rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 16 days ago: SkyRUM's influence in SkyRUM fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- 16 days ago: SkyRUM altered its national flag.
- 16 days ago: SkyRUM lodged a message on the SkyRUM Regional Message Board.
- 16 days ago: SkyRUM relocated from Lazarus to SkyRUM.
- 16 days ago: SkyRUM was refounded in Lazarus.
- 17 days ago: SkyRUM ceased to exist.
- 24 days ago: SkyRUM was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- 42 days ago: SkyRUM's influence in SkyRUM rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".