“Global Digital Defence Network”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Realm of Unrestricted Science
The Terminators of Skynet is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Skynet with an iron fist, and notable for its complete lack of public education. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 3.377 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cyberdyne Systems. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 10%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Information Technology.
University graduates and new home-owners toil in labour camps to work off their debts, most of the military's funding goes into researching space-age weaponry, skateboarding is punishable by heavy fines, and immigrant herding has become a national pastime. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Skynet's national animal is the mouse, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Defence Technology, and its currency is the microchip.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 3 days ago: Skynet was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 9 days ago: Skynet was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 58 days ago: Skynet was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 63 days ago: Skynet fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 110 days ago: Skynet was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pro-Market.
- 112 days ago: Skynet fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- 136 days ago: Skynet was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan (last census: Top 10%).
- 149 days ago: Skynet was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 152 days ago: Skynet was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- 161 days ago: Skynet fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.