“Monster is Sick of It, so it will Rise In revolution!!!”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Holy Rock Cathedral of Skillet is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by John Cooper with a fair hand, and remarkable for its ban on automobiles. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 3.586 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Religion & Spirituality, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Panhead City. The average income tax rate is 77%. A very small private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
The military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds, the nanny industry has had a boom after maternity leave was recently banned, cars are banned, and public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Skillet's national animal is the Monster, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Christiany, and its currency is the Frying Pan.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 10 hours ago
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Skillet was refounded in Balder.
- 24 days ago: Skillet ceased to exist.
- 35 days ago: Skillet was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 45 days ago: Skillet was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 54 days ago: Skillet fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 64 days ago: Skillet fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 65 days ago: Skillet was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 84 days ago: Skillet was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 95 days ago: Skillet changed its national motto to "Monster is Sick of It, so it will Rise In revolution!!!".
- 95 days ago: Skillet lodged a message on the Balder Regional Message Board.