The Holy Rock Cathedral of Skillet is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by John Cooper with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, daily referendums, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 4.452 billion Skilletians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Spirituality, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Panhead City. The average income tax rate is 80.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Skilletian economy, worth 339 trillion Frying Pans a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 76,213 Frying Pans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The government has declared its commitment to multilateralism, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Skillet's radio stations, all-natural foods are becoming a major fad, and CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Skillet's national animal is the Monster, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christiany.
Most Recent Government Activity: 39 days ago
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Skillet was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 14 days ago: Skillet fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 17 days ago: Skillet was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 29 days ago: Skillet fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 34 days ago: Skillet fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 54 days ago: Skillet fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 66 days ago: Skillet fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 68 days ago: Skillet was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 81 days ago: Skillet fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 82 days ago: Skillet lodged a message on the Balder Regional Message Board.