“K’eran ten' i' re no' man i' ithil e' i' yamen' en' i' ”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Union of Sherkadi States of Skako is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Grand Master Lithaldoren Toravandar with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 6.403 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Greater Skako. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 91%. A substantial private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
The nation's secret service is so secret that nobody knows if it has one, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space, the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs, and morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Skako's national animal is the Hartaesi Coin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Sherkad or Sherkadism, and its currency is the Imperial Coin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 1 hour ago
- 12 days ago: Skako voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 12 days ago: Skako lodged a message on the Kosmopol Regional Message Board.
- 13 days ago: Skako lodged a message on the Kosmopol Regional Message Board.
- 44 days ago: Skako's influence in Kosmopol rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 47 days ago: Skako was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 49 days ago: Skako lodged a message on the Kosmopol Regional Message Board.
- 64 days ago: Skako was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 76 days ago: Skako was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout (last census: Top 5%).
- 79 days ago: Skako fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 93 days ago: Skako was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
Endorsements Received: None.