“K’eran ten' i' re no' man i' ithil e' i' yamen' en' i' ”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Union of Sherkadi States of Skako is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Grand Master Lithaldoren Toravandar with an even hand, and notable for its restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, hard-working population of 6.878 billion Skakoans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Greater Skako. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 91%. A small but healthy private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
The nation's secret service is so secret that nobody knows if it has one, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space, the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs, and morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Skako's national animal is the Hartaesi Coin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Sherkad or Sherkadism, and its currency is the Imperial Coin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 27 days ago
- 9 hours ago: Skako was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- 22 days ago: Skako fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 30 days ago: Skako was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Devout.
- 31 days ago: Skako fell out of the world Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 33 days ago: Skako was refounded in Lazarus.
- 46 days ago: Skako ceased to exist.
- 52 days ago: Skako was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 61 days ago: Skako was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- 75 days ago: Skako endorsed The Republic of Stormvag.
- 75 days ago: Skako's influence in Kosmopol rose from "Truckler" to "Duckspeaker".