|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Hermit
The Commune of Siroy is a massive, genial nation, notable for its strong anti-business politics. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 2.857 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Social Welfare, although Education and the Environment are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 51%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Automobile Manufacturing.
Major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, and people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Siroy's national animal is the Fairy, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Bosh.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 9 hours ago
- 95 days ago: Siroy lodged a message on the Redwood Regional Message Board.
- 193 days ago: Siroy fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 211 days ago: Siroy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens.
- 304 days ago: Siroy changed nation type to "Commune".
- 347 days ago: Siroy relocated from Lazarus to Redwood.
- 347 days ago: Siroy was refounded.
- 1 year 28 days ago: Siroy ceased to exist.
- 1 year 44 days ago: Siroy fell out of the world Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 1 year 68 days ago: Siroy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- 1 year 118 days ago: Siroy fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.