|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: The Commonwealth of Crowns
The Exalted Monarchical Dominion of Sirix is a massive, genial nation, ruled by King Robert XXXVII with a fair hand, and renowned for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 2.858 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Igelstadt. The average income tax rate is 98%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism, reporters often lose their jobs over fact-checking errors, and the nation leads The Commonwealth of Crowns in per capita stalking. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sirix's national animal is the hedgehog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the crown.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 hours ago
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Sirix was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sirix, the nation leads The Commonwealth of Crowns in per capita stalking.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sirix, reporters often lose their jobs over fact-checking errors.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sirix, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Sirix, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly.
- 5 days ago: Sirix was endorsed by The Kingdom of Picts.
- 14 days ago: Sirix was endorsed by The Protectorate of Evanicaland WA Mission.
- 20 days ago: Sirix was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 10%).
- 20 days ago: Sirix was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 22 days ago: Following new legislation in Sirix, the arms industry is strictly regulated.