The Jewish Kingdom of Sionis Prioratus is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Dagobert VI de Saint-Clair with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, keen interest in outer space, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 14.767 billion Sionisians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, with Healthcare, Social Policy, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rennes-le-Chateau. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 2.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Sionis Prioratian economy, worth a remarkable 2,084 trillion Royals a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 141,188 Royals, with the richest citizens earning 5.9 times as much as the poorest.
Phoenix racing stadiums are open 24/7, most people suffer from some form of hearing loss, the children of Sionis Prioratus are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence, and vitriolic divorce proceedings have become prime-time television. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Sionis Prioratus's national animal is the Phoenix, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Catharism and Judaism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sionis Prioratus fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : Sionis Prioratus's influence in Osiris rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Sionis Prioratus was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Sionis Prioratus fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Sionis Prioratus applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Sionis Prioratus was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Sionis Prioratus was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extreme.
- : Sionis Prioratus fell out of the regional Top 5% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Sionis Prioratus's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Sionis Prioratus's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".