The Holy Olive Strawberry Empire of Sindria is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and parental licensing program. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 25.721 billion Sindrians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 34.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Sindrian economy, worth a remarkable 5,868 trillion hrafns a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 228,170 hrafns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours, innocent defendants often plead guilty for fear of receiving a much harsher sentence before jury, legal contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on, and voting is voluntary. Crime is totally unknown. Sindria's national animal is the capybara, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Sindria, voting is voluntary.
- : Sindria was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Sindria, legal contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on.
- : Following new legislation in Sindria, innocent defendants often plead guilty for fear of receiving a much harsher sentence before jury.
- : Following new legislation in Sindria, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours.
- : Following new legislation in Sindria, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people'.
- : Following new legislation in Sindria, future leaders of Sindria regularly dismiss pressing political issues when available options don't conform to their worldview.
- : Sindria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Sindria, rural communities are all but disenfranchised as politicians focus all their attention on winning the deciding urban votes.
- : Following new legislation in Sindria, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting.
Endorsements Received: 54 » Kisovec, Elegarth, Mediobogdum, Atlas Domain, The 9 Stars, Liberillia, The people of Tuk Tuk, Bhang Bhang Duc, Fujai, Sean Talamh, Mirchusko, Wickedly evil people, Mathematania, Shaktirajya, Grillinor, Envisa, Al Curtisany, Reversed Clause, Benjamin Mark, OgJoker, Anzat, Antahbrantahstan, Drachmaland, The Great City of Qarth, Amymnia, Antharos, Majdim, Khandavaprastha, See Islands, Royaume De Roulant, Seosation, Katawohan, Moroboshi, Illusionist, Kingdom of Valla, Do Foul, New Justusia, Thaelyn, Dubraya, Greg Tucker, Yy4u, Inkeri, Big Bad Badger, Fellos, Abaja, Terajaland, Country that eats, The united republic of westend, Davelands, Domini est terra, and 4 others.Renox, Centennial Hills, Tsvolaka, and Oometz.