The Strawberry Empire of Sindria is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its parental licensing program, strictly enforced bedtime, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 24.888 billion Sindrians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The relatively small, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 35.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Sindrian economy, worth a remarkable 4,660 trillion hrafns a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 187,260 hrafns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers, and prison visits increase substantially during election years. Crime is totally unknown. Sindria's national animal is the capybara, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sindria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- : Sindria endorsed The Progressive Democracy of Sensorland.
- : Sindria was endorsed by The Progressive Democracy of Sensorland.
- : Following new legislation in Sindria, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- : Following new legislation in Sindria, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers.
- : Following new legislation in Sindria, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate.
- : Sindria was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Sindria, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.
- : Following new legislation in Sindria, businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up.
- : Following new legislation in Sindria, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.
Endorsements Received: 38 » Kisovec, Elegarth, Mediobogdum, Fiyudor, Atlas Domain, Yy4u, Tololo, Democratic Kolania, Papercuts and Skittles, The 9 Stars, Liberillia, The people of Tuk Tuk, Bhang Bhang Duc, Fujai, Sean Talamh, Thaelyn, Donstan, Mirchusko, Wickedly evil people, Pacific Aggressiveness, Mathematania, Shaktirajya, Grillinor, Envisa, Al Curtisany, Reversed Clause, Benjamin Mark, OgJoker, Anzat, Waslo, Antharos, Antahbrantahstan, Drachmaland, Monte San Cristo, St Helen Orphanage, Jode and Jone, The Great City of Qarth, and Sensorland.