The Voyages of Sindbad the Sailor is a gargantuan, efficient nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, deadly medical pandemics, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 10.342 billion Sindbad the Sailorians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, corrupt, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Industry, with Education also on the agenda, while Law & Order and Welfare are ignored. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Sindbad the Sailorian economy, worth a remarkable 1,802 trillion Dirhams a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Soda Sales, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 174,312 Dirhams, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 809,824 per year while the poor average 22,547, a ratio of 35.9 to 1.
Mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, and citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Sindbad the Sailor's national animal is the Roc, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 24 days ago
- 9 days ago: Sindbad the Sailor fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 11 days ago: Sindbad the Sailor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Godforsaken.
- 14 days ago: Sindbad the Sailor fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 24 days ago: Sindbad the Sailor fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 26 days ago: Sindbad the Sailor fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- 86 days ago: Sindbad the Sailor fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 88 days ago: Sindbad the Sailor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).
- 102 days ago: Sindbad the Sailor fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 183 days ago: Sindbad the Sailor relocated from Balder to The Featured Region Followers.
- 183 days ago: Sindbad the Sailor altered its national flag.