The United Republic of Silvadus is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Simona Lovik with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 13.057 billion Silvadusi are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The tiny, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, although Industry is also considered important, while Spirituality and Administration aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Regni. The average income tax rate is 3.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Silvadusi economy, worth a remarkable 2,157 trillion kroner a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 165,224 kroner, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Charged suspects often have to wait years before the courts have room to judge their trial, the poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, and large areas of Silvadus are not accessible by the public. Crime is totally unknown. Silvadus's national animal is the brown bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is irreligion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Silvadus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Silvadus's influence in Midgard fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : Silvadus altered its national flag.
- : Silvadus relocated from Lazarus to Midgard.
- : Silvadus was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Silvadus ceased to exist.
- : Silvadus fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Silvadus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : Silvadus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Silvadus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.