The United Republic of Silvadus is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Simona Lovik with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, keen interest in outer space, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 11.95 billion Silvadusi are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The tiny, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, with Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Administration aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Regni. The average income tax rate is 3.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Silvadusi economy, worth a remarkable 1,974 trillion kroner a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 165,224 kroner, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Charged suspects often have to wait years before the courts have room to judge their trial, the poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, and large areas of Silvadus are not accessible by the public. Crime is totally unknown. Silvadus's national animal is the brown bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is irreligion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 12 days ago: Silvadus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 25 days ago: Silvadus fell out of the world Top 5% for Safest.
- 41 days ago: Silvadus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 10%).
- 49 days ago: Silvadus's influence in Midgard fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- 52 days ago: Silvadus fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 53 days ago: Silvadus lodged a message on the Midgard Regional Message Board.
- 54 days ago: Silvadus's influence in Midgard rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- 58 days ago: Silvadus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- 77 days ago: Silvadus was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 86 days ago: Silvadus was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 5%).