“For Unity and Liberty”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The United Republic of Silvadus is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Simona Lovik with a fair hand, and notable for its hatred of cheese. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 9.575 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded morass -- is mainly concerned with Education, although Commerce and Healthcare are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Regni. The average income tax rate is 38%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Silvadus is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens, and high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Silvadus's national animal is the brown bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is irreligion, and its currency is the krone.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 23 days ago: Silvadus voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 31 days ago: Silvadus's influence in Midgard fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- 40 days ago: Silvadus voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Anarchy".
- 40 days ago: Silvadus voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 43 days ago: Silvadus voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- 44 days ago: Silvadus fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 45 days ago: Silvadus voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Auralia".
- 45 days ago: Silvadus voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
- 49 days ago: Silvadus's influence in Midgard rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- 58 days ago: Silvadus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
Endorsements Received: None.