The Great Moon Republic of Silician is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Chancellor Primi Novissimi with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, barren, inhospitable landscape, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 9.307 billion Silicans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government prioritizes Education, with Social Policy, Healthcare, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Caput. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 87.6%.
The all-consuming Silican economy, worth a remarkable 1,223 trillion Credits a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Woodchip Exports, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 131,414 Credits, with the richest citizens earning 6.8 times as much as the poorest.
The government tries to improve relations with hostile countries by sending gift baskets, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, and scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Silician's national animal is the Bumblebee, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Silician was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens, Highest Economic Output, and Safest and the Top 10% for Highest Wealthy Incomes and Highest Average Incomes.
- : Silician was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : Silician was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Silician was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Silician was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates, Highest Average Incomes, Highest Wealthy Incomes, Healthiest Citizens, and Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Silician was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary and Largest Populations.
- : Silician was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Silician was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Silician was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Silician changed its national motto to "Ex Astris, Scientia".