The Great Moon Republic of Silician is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Chancellor Primi Novissimi with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 8.76 billion Silicans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government prioritizes Education, although Social Policy, Healthcare, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Caput. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 87.6%.
The all-consuming Silican economy, worth a remarkable 1,151 trillion Credits a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Woodchip Exports, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 131,414 Credits, with the richest citizens earning 6.8 times as much as the poorest.
The government tries to improve relations with hostile countries by sending gift baskets, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, and scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Silician's national animal is the Bumblebee, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Silician was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Silician was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Silician was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Silician changed its national motto to "Ex Astris, Scientia".
- : Silician was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Silician was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Silician was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Silician was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Silician was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced, Largest Furniture Restoration Industry, Largest Information Technology Sector, Most Extensive Public Healthcare, and Most Cultured.
- : Silician was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 10%).