“Ex Luna, Scientia”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Great Moon Republic of Silician is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Chancellor Primi Novissimi with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.757 billion Silicans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and the Environment receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Caput. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 93%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Woodchip Exports.
The government tries to improve relations with hostile countries by sending gift baskets, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, and scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Silician's national animal is the Bumblebee, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 minutes ago
- 21 hours ago: Silician was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 4 days ago: Silician was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 6 days ago: Silician was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 11 days ago: Silician was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 12 days ago: Silician changed its national demonym to "Silican" and its demonym adjective to "Silican".
- 12 days ago: Silician altered its national flag.
- 12 days ago: Silician was refounded in Osiris.
- 63 days ago: Silician ceased to exist.
- 63 days ago: Silician fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 67 days ago: Silician was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 10%).