The Empire of Silenti Ect is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Voorbode with an even hand, and renowned for its strictly enforced bedtime, sprawling nuclear power plants, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 11.375 billion Silenti Ectians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order and Education also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Administration aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bijou de Valuer. The average income tax rate is 86.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Silenti Ectian economy, worth a remarkable 2,764 trillion Gemmas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 243,037 Gemmas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Waste is frequently shipped to other countries, companies flee the nation rather than pay their fair share of taxes, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, and all tariffs have been abolished. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Silenti Ect's national animal is the Nundu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Church.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Silenti Ect, all tariffs have been abolished.
- : Following new legislation in Silenti Ect, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- : Silenti Ect was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Silenti Ect, companies flee the nation rather than pay their fair share of taxes.
- : Following new legislation in Silenti Ect, waste is frequently shipped to other countries.
- : Silenti Ect was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Silenti Ect, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas.
- : Silenti Ect fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Silenti Ect was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Following new legislation in Silenti Ect, the nation's new foreign policy of 'very disproportionate retribution' has its neighbors on edge.